Adjusting the table lamp, he started reading it.

Looks interesting.

Wow.

Hmmmm....

Yawn.

It's boring.

Wait...this is shit.

No, no, they seem to do it wrong.

Well...

It's nothing like ours.

Ours...

A blush crept in.

Nobody smacked no one.

Some heartfelt frowns...

Manik closed the book and stretched his eyes just to push the excess out. It was a mistake to buy a romantic novel he guessed. Girl seemed so sweet and boy was control freak. He fretted doing the basic mistake of relating it with his reality. It was hard for him not to mess his brain enough before he sleeps. Sliding in his bed, he switched off the lamp just to think more in dark.

It was better.

His encounter with Nandini this afternoon played in his mind and all the butterflies did pirouettes and world seemed alright again. He snuggled into his quilt and angled his thoughts better. It felt better to close eyes and think about her. He didn't need romantic books, he had an entire universe.

Sighing, he smiled in content waiting for her dreams to engulf him.

_____________

"Still in that military town?" Asked Mr Murthy as everyone settled for dinner in Murthy mansion.

Aparna smiled and said, "That's where home is."

Daadu smiled in awe and gestured Nandini's mother to serve food to Aparna.

"I am glad you came, Aparna," Mrs Murthy said serving her dinner.

"I am happy to see you all as well, Di," She replied and got busy in her food.

Nandini silently had her food being extra cautious not to spoil this peaceful meal of her family. It was after ages where everyone smiled at that table without hurling insults at each other.

"So what Nandini is doing these days?' Aparna asked and Nandini smiled totally cursing herself for jinxing the moment.

"Nothing much, Aunty. Usual college stuff," She replied lowly not wanting to attract two cents of his father at the wrong timing.

"She is doing a volunteer job as well," Daadu added enthusiastically.

"You know where?" He asked Aparna. Nandini stole a glance of her father who seemed to take it all with a blank face. Daadu was ruining it in over-excitement.

"At military academy," Daadu divulged and Aparna looked happy.

"That's good, Nandini," Aparna said and Nandini forced a smile. She hated family dinner, it was confirmed now.

"I am glad Dad has got someone who can be associated with army in some way," Aparna added and Nandini returned a genuine smile.

"She is having a workshop with a delegation from London business school next week as well," Mr Murthy too joined the bandwagon. Nandini could see a tug of war shaping up at grand dining table.

Perfect.

"That's good," Aparna said looking at Nandini. Nandini didn't feel like returning a smile. Her jaws refused to deliver this time.