Chapter 6

The next day

Harry woke up feeling excited about his potions class this morning. On his way down to the Great Hall for breakfast Harry heard yelling from Snape's quarters, he knows Snape would kill him if he eavesdropped but Harry heard his name being said a few time. " Albus I feel that the Dursley's were mistreating Harry in many ways" yelled Severus furiously. Severus we don't have proof that they did, if anything we would need to hear it from Harry himself. said Dumbledor sternly. What are we going to do when he needs to go back for the summer? Severus asked still mad. Severus I have a plan that might work but the Dursley's must not know about it. Said Dumbledor calmly. What is this plan sir if I may ask said Snape curiously. We will send Harry back there for Christmas and have him stay for a few days before Christmas Day and see if he will be mistreated and if he does we will pull him out of their custody for good. Dumbledor said sounding proud of his plan. Fine sir but don't tell anyone that I'm watching out for Harry ok. Yes my boy I will keep it a secret, now if you'll excuses me I will need to go for breakfast. Severus opens the door and let Dumbledor out, as Dumbledor turned around Harry made it look like he was just walking out of the portrait. Oh hello professor! Harry said to Dumbledor,I forgot to thank you for the beautiful white owl I got. Dumbledor looked puzzled and said owl? I didn't get you an owl my boy you must be mistaken. But sir Snape said that you got one for me. Dumbledor smiled and whispered in Harry's ear that Snape got it for him. Harry looked shocked as the headmaster walked away smiling, then Snape walked out and told Harry to go to breakfast! which Harry obeyed.

At breakfast Harry couldn't help but smile that he had Snape looking out for him. at the staff table severus was staring at his plate of bacon, eggs and toast and thinking of how his dark mark is burning and that it means the dark lord is back but how? Severus? Is something wrong? asked Minerva worriedly. Severus looked up at Minerva and said no everything is fine, I just had a late night he lied. Hey Harry you really should be eating something. said Malfoy worriedly. I'm not hungry Draco it's fine. Said Harry a little annoyed at his best friend. Severus looked up from his plate and saw Harry not eating again. I really need to do something about that problem thought Snape to himself. Maybe a nutrition potion will help but how do I get him to take it and keep a low profile, then a idea came to him I'll get Harry To go for a check up at the infirmary. Snape's left overs disappeared and Minerva said see you at lunch Severus quickly before rushing to her transfigurations class.

Potions class

During class Harry was taking notes of what all the names of the tools are when Snape yelled at Harry. POTTER! What are you doing?! Harry tried to talk but he choked on his words and stayed silent. POTTER! you are to report to my office immediately after class is over, now listen up all of you! Harry listened to the professor more closely trying not to get in more trouble. After class was over Harry stood nervously at the door to the office waiting for the professor to come open the door. Severus walked down the corridor with long strides and had his cloak bellowing behind him. Snape walked up to the door and opened it then hissed for Harry to take a seat. After closing the door and putting up privacy guards he turned back to Harry. Why were you ignoring my lesson? I wasn't sir I was taking notes Harry said as he felt tears bubbling up in the corner of his eyes. Snape looked pissed at Harry and the look make Harry start to cry. "I'm sorry professor I didn't mean to get you mad, I was just trying to remember the names of the tools so I can do great in your class. Please don't give me detention sir, Harry then hid his face from the professor who was standing at his desk liking awkwardly at his crying student. Harry Severus started it's ok you don't need to cry I'm not going to hurt you or anything. after a couple minutes harry stopped crying and asked for a glass of water, when Snape came back with a goblet of water Harry drank it down fast. After Harry was done Snape took to goblet out of Harry's hands and placed it on his desk, then started Harry I want you I report to my quarters at 7 pm tonight because your late for transfigurations. So I want up to take this slip and give it to professor McGonagall and tell her why you were late. Harry thanked Snape for the water and the slip and ran down the corridor to his transfigurations class.

when he reached the class Harry looked around the room trying to find the teacher, but all he could see was a bunch of cages full of birds and other animals and a cat sitting on the teachers desk. Harry asked Draco where the teacher was and Draco pointed at the cat, Harry was just about to ask if the cat was their teacher when the cat jumped off the desk and turned into the professor. Harry your late for my class why? asked the professor. Harry handed her he note and told her that he was in a meeting With professor Snape. Harry was shocked because now he remembers where he remembered the professor from! Minerva nodded her head in agreement after reading the note and told Harry to sit next to Draco, which Harry obeyed. In transfigurations they learned how to turn sewing pins into matches. Harry got it on the second try and was the only one other then a girl named Hermione who got it on the first try. After class was over Harry stated behind to talk to the professor. Um professor you used to go to privet drive and watch my house in you cat form. why? Because Harry I was trying to make sure you were living a safe life and not getting hurt. After hearing that Harry tried to his the reaction and told her that he was never hurt which was a lie but she didn't notice. Harry you should go eat lunch now and congratulations on your transfiguration I hope that you will continue to succeed in this class. Harry thanked his professor and walked out the door to the Great Hall wondering what Snape wants to talk about.

Hey everyone thanks for waiting! wow 41 people reading my book thanks all of you for being great readers please keep VOTING and COMMENTING! again sorry for the late post!