Of Golf-carts and Discovery

Dear readers, sorry for the very long wait. :( I have been having a bit of a block lately, and it took me ages to type this. Hope you enjoy nevertheless :) Also, thank you all who have been voting for 'The Ultimate acceptance' on The Bandfiction awards 2k17 really appreciate the support! <3

To my immense surprise, neither of my best friends interrupted my story till the very end. In all my ravings, I never told you what they actually looked like. Sorry! Alice is skinny, with a rather rosy complexion and pretty, blonde, shoulder-length hair. Dan is, Dan. Alright, that may be slight under description. He is one of those guys who look super tall in photographs, but is not nearly as tall in real life. With his dark hair in a close, cropped military style, broad shoulders and long limbs, he looks very smart and efficient. I assure you, he is not. But, he is an adorable, loyal, dork, and I love him for it.

''Well, that escalated quickly,'' Dan said, mouth agape. Alice looked equally astounded till I was done with my narrative. It was only when I was done that her expression turned into one of cheeky delight.

''Ha!'' she exclaimed. ''For all your complaints, you didn't have to wait for long! Well? What's his name? Tell me all about him!''

I puffed my cheeks in silence. The two of them stared at me expectantly. ''Yeah... about that. I may not know so much about him.'' Alice blinked, and I plonked onto a cushion, heaving a sigh. ''We couldn't exactly talk after the kiss...''

''Oh my goodness! You didn't?'' Alice said in a quiet, incredulous voice, her eyes as large as ever. Dan chocked up on his drink.

''No! No!'' I waved aside the accusations hastily. ''We were in our moment, and then he saw someone in the distance, told me that he would meet me in the morning, and left.''

''Morning? That's pretty vague.''

''Who did he see, before he ran off?'' Dan added suspiciously. ''Maybe it's his girlfriend.'' Alice smacked him before I could. (Lucky him! I would not have been so merciful)

''He came with a bunch of guys; seven or eight of them. I didn't see any girls around,'' I said, doubt gnawing on my mind. The three of us lazed about, making a dozen theories about my mystery man; each theory more inventive and unlikely than the other. Dan became particularly creative with his idea of Mr. Mysterious being part of the C.I.A. investigating me for... You know what, just let your imagination run wild. There are way too many investigative television series, and he knows every one of them. Cutting him off in the midst of yet another twisted one, I mused a while. ''Why does he look so familiar? I am pretty sure I've seen the guy somewhere.''

''Hmm, he is Asian, so... Maybe he is one of the tech guys who work in the second floor?'' Alice offered, the gears in her brain working hard.

''No, there's only Japanese guys there. He looks more... Chinese, I think. Besides, if a guy looking like that worked in our company, I would notice.''

Dan snorted. ''I never knew you were into Chinese guys.''

His girlfriend grinned. ''Well, she is of Asian origin. Maybe it runs in her blood!'' Oh, yes perhaps I forgot to mention that to you as well dear reader. My grandmother was from Shanghai. So I look a rather odd combination of American and Chinese. What's more, is that I have a mane of thick, red hair. I get it from my dad. The girls in high school used to jest that if Isla Fisher had a love-child with a guy from the East; the offspring would look like me. Yes, it was annoying, but I was not particularly bothered by it- they were automatically snubbed when the boys came pooling around me. (smirk!)

I grunted, and went to the balcony. A makeshift movie theatre was made outside beside the giant chess board, and dozens of children were squealing in delight as Barbie somehow developed the ability to breathe underwater on the screen. In the distance, yet another overly-ambitious individual was screaming himself hoarse, after having climbed the acrobatics contraption. Foreigners sunbathed along the edge of the pools, and the sun shined perfectly to add to it all. That was until I spotted algae-head! He was with a bunch of noisy boys, getting off a golf-cart at the exit of the golf-course. Sure enough, I scanned the group, and found HIM. ''Oh my god! That's him! Quick!''