"So how did you guys manage to make it this long?" Dave asked in a serious manner. They then proceeded to explain how they locked themselves up in their house for the last year and only went out for supplies.

"We've had some close calls," Freddy admitted, "but we managed to make it work."

"Until now..." Alex told Dave with a glare towards Josie. "The zombies most likely know where we are now. That means a whole hoard could attack us now! We don't have the supplies to take them out!!" Dave just stared at Alex and started stroking his chin in thought.

"So what about you?" Josie asked. "How did YOU manage to make it this long?" Dave just grinned.

"Would you believe me if I told you I had an army to protect me?" All three of them shook their heads.

"Well I do!" he said proudly.

"How?" Alex asked. "There aren't many humans left! How did you make an army out of them?" Dave just chuckled.

"Who said anything about them being humans?" he asked. The teens froze with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Josie asked slowly.

"Well, before I became a professional lunatic, I used to be a botanist," Dave explained. "I also spent some time working in a mutation laboratory. Around the time the zombies started attacking, I put those skills to the test!"

This really piqued the kids' curiosities. "And...?" Freddy asked with curiosity. Dave just chuckled again.

"Follow me," he replied. With that, he walked towards the destroyed house. Curious, the teens followed him. When Crazy Dave got to the back-left corner of the house, he grabbed at the floor and pulled a section up, revealing a secret hatch! He then slowly slid his body down feet first. Soon, the kids followed as well.

It was dark in this secret area, but after a second the lights flicked on and revealed a very large laboratory! Tables containing files and test tubes and beakers and other scientific things were spread all across the room. Sheets that appeared to be blueprints for some sort of weapon were taped all along the walls. In the back corner were two red curtains that seemed to be blocking off something.

"Lady and gentlemen," Dave told them, "Welcome to my lab!"

"Pretty impressive," Alex admitted. "I second that," Josie responded.

"So what's this you were saying about botany and mutation?" Freddy asked.

"Oh, yes!" Crazy Dave responded. "You see, before the zombies attacked, a thought occurred to me one day: Humans are great fighters. We're naturally dedicated to fighting! So what would happen if we took that dedication.......and stuck it in a plant?" The kids just stared at him.

"Why a plant?" Josie asked.

"BECAUSE I'M CRAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYY!!!!!!!" Dave shouted at the top of his lungs!

"I....see...." Josie responded in a freaked-out tone.

"So in the end," Dave continued with a normal-toned voice, "I came up with THIS!" He then pulled out a remote from his pocket and pressed a button. Instantly the red curtain on the left slowly started rising. The first thing the kids could make out was the legs of a table. As it continued rising, they saw a flower pot sitting on the table. Finally, the curtain rose completely and the teens were quite confused as to what they were looking at.

It was obviously some sort of plant, but it was unlike anything they had ever seen before. This plant had four leaves at its base. It then had a long but very skinny stem leading up to a large green round part that was quite interesting. In front was some sort of tube sticking out of the round part. Finally, at the top, was a single leaf.