Chapter 2

"Hey is everything okay?" I was absentmindedly helping Sydney go through some pictures when I felt her hand on my arm. I shook myself out of my thoughts and looked up, mustering up a half smile.

"CC tried to kiss me." Her eyes grew wide. "And told me he wants to be with me and has since the beginning."

"Oh my god! Is he drunk?"

I let out an irritated laugh. "That's what I asked. He said no. He was just scared he'd run me off but now he can't stand it anymore."

"Okay so what's the problem? You've wanted him too. Now you can finally be together."

"I've spent five years trying to avoid my feelings for him, Syd, because I didn't want to risk losing my friendship. I see him with other girls. There's no way he wants me and only me and I'm not going to give in and sleep with him just to be tossed to the side for the next girl that comes along."

"Charlie. That boy loves you. Remember the night you slept with Trevor Wentworth after y'all had a horrible drunken fight?" I nodded and looked away. "The next morning you stumbled back into the bus hungover and half asleep. You know CC. Anyone else he'd call them an idiot or yell or something. He ran out and got you breakfast and aspirin. He sat with you to make sure you ate. That night he was so angry. Ace finally calmed him down and asked what his problem is and he said he didn't mean the horrible things he said and he felt he pushed you to go sleep with him. He was so angry at himself. He thought he was going to lose you."

"Funny thing is I never even slept with Trevor."

"What?"

I started telling her the full events of what happened.

"Stop it CC you're drunk."

"Oh come on chuck. I've seen you over there flirting with wentworth. What's he got that I don't."

"We go over this every time dude. I'm not sleeping with you."

He put his beer on the table. "You know, you act like the good girl when it comes to us, but we all know you slut around with all the other bands."

Before I had time to think, I smacked him across the cheek. His hand went up, rubbing the spot.

"Is that really what you think of me?"

His jaw tensed but he said nothing. I grabbed my drink and nodded.

"That's okay then. I guess I'll go be that slut everyone thinks I am."

I walked over to Trevor and kissed him. He hesitated, surprised, before wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me back passionately. It wasn't long before we were stumbling into their bus, sliding into his bunk. We made out some more. I tried to get on top of him to take it further but I bumped my head. He laughed.

"I think maybe we're both too drunk to do anything else. Maybe next time?" He kissed the spot on my head I had hit. I nodded and rolled off, facing the wall. He scooted up behind me, his arm over my side and hand laced with mine, and we both fell asleep.

"Holy shit. Why didn't you tell me? Charlie, CC has never looked at any girl the way he looks at you. You do what makes you happy, but I think he means what he says this time."

The next few hours were spent stuffing our faces and running around making sure everything was ready while the opening bands went on. The tradition before a show is for all of us to get in a circle and rock back and forth, getting faster as we go along. It helps them get pumped up but know we are all still connected. I always stand beside CC, so I knew better than to mess with his head by standing somewhere else. Once we all separated, someone came over to tell the guys their setup was complete and they needed to get out there. CC gave me a sad smile and started to walk away. I grabbed his arm.

"I never slept with Wentworth."

He cocked his eyebrow. "What?"

"I never slept with him. But I was so angry with you I never bothered to tell you the truth."

"I'm so sorry about that night, chuck. I didn't mean what I said."

I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed him. "Good luck out there. I'll be right here singing along."

I don't think I've ever seen him smile so widely. He bent his head down to kiss me again before running on stage. Ace stands to the side to pull them away if anything happens, so Syd and I walked up next to her and sang along to all of the songs the boys sang. Four songs in, CC said he wanted everyone to meet someone. He walked over and held out his hand, waiting for me to join him on stage. Syd and Ace pushed me gently, so I said Fuck it and walked out there with him.

"Everyone this amazing woman has been with us since the beginning. Keeping us in line, supporting us. Life on the road with her is amazing. I want you guys to meet Charlie! My new girlfriend."

I turned back and looked at him. He pulled the mic back up to his mouth. "If you'll have me of course."

Leave it to him to ask me to be his girlfriend in front of thousands of strangers. But nonetheless, I nodded and he pulled me close and kissed me. There were mostly cheers but a few boos. I laughed and started to walk off.

"To everyone out there who booed at our happiness? Fuck you."

Travis started beating hard on the drums to introduce their next song. Three more songs and they said their goodbyes and walked off the stage.

The crowd went wild. You could hear it perfectly. "ONE MORE SONG. ONE MORE SONG."

CC picked me up and spun me around. "Hope that wasn't too overboard for ya."

"Just a bit, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

"Hey CC, we going back out?" CC looked at me before nodding to Neil. "I'll be right back."

I nodded. "I'll be here. I mean it. I'm not going anywhere, Chris. I promise."

He kissed me hard. "Neither am I."

The boys ran back on stage and played one final song. I watched Travis on his drums. Neil and Maddox jumping around with their guitars. CC's long black hair flying around as he threw his head forward with every scream. Ace and Sydney appeared next to me again.

"So I guess this is happening then?"

I smiled at my best friends before looking back onto the stage, the smile never leaving my face. "I guess so."

The End