Cherry blossoms

I woke up to the sounds of my alarms making that classic obnoxious noise, 8 a.m. As soon as my feet met the cold wooden floor I shivered as the day light broke the blackness of the room I stood up, walked over to my dresser and pulled out my clothing for the work day. I'm a demolition expert so of course it's nothing fancy, just some tattered jeans and worn out t-shirt. my boss called me, "hello?" I answered. He didn't reply for a few minutes. "Hello, Dave...?" I asked. Until I finally got a reply in an ominous tone,"You're late." and then hung up. I figured that its early, he's probably tired. I walked down the plain white corridor, twisted the handle and spilled out of my house, shoving the key in the keyhole and locking it, I finally stepped out in the bitting coldness of the October air and got into the car and drove off down the road until I reached the certain address my boss assigned us. It was... an old abandon school building, the windows were border up behind shattered glass and silver rusted frames, dingy browning white walls, and an old rusted play ground out to the side. It felt like the entire building was just watching me... Even though there really wasn't a living thing in sight, except for my co-workers. I pulled up at least a mile and a half away from the building, as my last car was completely crushed by a chunk of the last building we had to destroy. No one would offer me a ride or I didn't bother to ask so I had to walk 10 and half miles back home. We made out way into the building to plant the explosives, I made my way down the hall and noticed the beautiful cherry blossoms that where outside the one window that wasn't boarded or completely destroyed by rebellious teenagers in their prime. As I was planting the bomb, something caught my attention, it was just this little girl, standing as if she was waiting for something or someone, she had blonde hair pulled in pigtails and a tattered blue dirty dress. "Hello" I said. She giggled showing me these cute little dimples and then running down the hallways without a sound. It wasn't the normal 'pitter-patter' you'd normally kid's small feet. It was just completely silent as she disappeared turning the corner. I decided I should probably get her out of here, you probably wouldn't want to have an almost accident murder on your hands. I turned the corner and she was no where to be seen, there was nothing but a blue dusty wall with red hand prints reading a child's name on the palms. one thing I found odd about them was that they looked almost freshly done. I made my way around the building tending to my ordinary business until, nature called and it was not dialing number one. I made my way to the restrooms as there were no port-a-potties outside, none of them have even thought to at least rent them. I opened the restroom door and was greeted with a scent of rotting shit and piss that almost knocked me to my feet. I held my breath and opened a stale door and was greeted by mount ever-shit and bloody tampons. I opened the second stale and saw a semi-clean toilet full of murky water, I almost threw up at both sights. I'd open the third stale but I think I'd just be pushing my luck. Once I adjusted to the smell I pulled down my jeans and boxers and stood over the toilet as the bile 'clunked' into the dirty water. I made my way over to the sink but seeing that there was no tap intact, I resumed exiting the door but was stopped when I heard a vague sound of laughter from behind me. I opened the door and started power-walking, yeah, power-walking down the hall way. Then I noticed something very distinct about the cherry blossoms, they were redder than ever. Almost as red as blood. As I finished planting the explosives I asked my boss what he wanted me to do with the cherry trees, to which he replied, "what cherry trees ?" In that moment I've never know true confusion of my own psychosis. Later that night, I remembered... What were those hand prints...? Surely they'd fade over time... No... It wasn't paint... It was blood... Fresh blood.