"Well, it's about eight—"

"Boring," Camila interrupts rudely, making Lauren open her mouth in offense.

"Okay, then," the green-eyed girl shrugs, unwrapping her arm from Camila's shoulders and pressing the spacebar of her laptop to reassume the show. She makes sure that Camila watches the way she forcefully turns the volume up to drown out her words and Lauren keeps her gaze fixed solely on the screen in front of her.

The green-eyed girl ignores every attempt Camila does to get her attention and even though she can't concentrate on what is happening on the show, she is pretty sure Camila is getting frustrated which each passing second.

Still, Lauren manages to keep a straight face and her eyes on the screen in front of her at all times.

That is until Camila starts to play dirty.

The first thing Lauren feels is Camila's fingertips in the back of her hand. The touch is soft, almost non-existent and definitely soothing; like a feather. But then Camila makes sure to not leave space between their bodies and Lauren feels that stupid tug in her heart that she has been feeling lately when Camila is around.

Then, Camila manages to wrap her arm around Lauren's waist to pull her even closer but Lauren makes sure to not react to that even though her body is definitely reacting to the touch.

Lauren is sure she hears Camila huffing in frustration and that does manage to curve her lips but it happens too fast and Camila doesn't get to see that small smile dancing in her mouth.

She is doing a pretty good job at ignoring Camila and her attention has finally returned to the show when she feels Camila's lips ghosting her shoulders. Lauren flinches in response and her heart beats harder between her ribs when those same lips start to trail kisses up to her ear.

(It sucks, to be quite honest because Lauren can literally feel Camila smiling as she peppers her skin with kisses.)

It just takes Lauren to clench her jaw and swallow for Camila to know that she is finally winning this game. Still, Lauren doesn't move, though the goosebumps on her skin are proof enough that Camila is definitely making her feel all kind of things.

"I'm sorry," Lauren hears Camila whisper as her lips kiss her cheeks. "Laur," Camila says a bit louder and Lauren thinks that maybe she has had enough with this ignoring game.

(And maybe her heart just can't handle it.)

She presses the spacebar again to pause the episode and looks at Camila.

And maybe and just maybe that is the biggest mistake Lauren could have ever done.

She is close to Camila, way too close to her. They are so close that Lauren can feel Camila's breath ghosting her lips as her eyes betray her and soon enough she is looking at every single feature of the girl's face.

Green eyes travel from her Camila's eyebrows to her eyelashes. From her nose to her chin. They travel from her cheekbones to her lips and Lauren feels like she can lose track of time by just doing this.

The light-skinned girl doesn't know how much time they have been like this, but she is pretty sure that when they lock eyes something changes.

Because as soon as her green eyes meet Camila's brown ones Camila smiles —that crinkly-eyed smile that Lauren loves so much and that is just reserved for her— and Lauren does the same, letting a shy giggle run past her lips.

"Shut up," Lauren says embarrassed, feeling her heart beating wildly in her chest and her stomach turns into a greenhouse full of butterflies.

Her hand automatically goes to the back of her neck so she can scratch the skin there, knowing beforehand that Camila knows that this is a nervous tic that she has had since sixth grade.