Kisses on Cheek

Depuis le début

"You smell really good," Camila says just above a whisper and Lauren swears she feels every movement of Camila's lips against her neck.

"Well, you don't, so fuck off," Lauren giggles and tries to push Camila again once more.

(She is pretty sure Camila gets, like, super-strength when she hugs her because it doesn't matter how much she tries, Lauren never gets the girl to leave her alone when she asks.)

"Fine," Camila grunts before she presses her lips ever so slightly on Lauren's neck and finally pulls away. "Hi," she adds, looking up at a blushing Lauren.

"Hey," Lauren replies with an embarrassed chuckle, scratching softly the back of her neck, because hey, sometimes Camila makes her nervous.

"I'm just going to change real quick and I'll be back, yeah?" Camila tells her softly, already making her way down the hall to go to her room.

"Yeah," Lauren says dumbly, watching Camila go.

(Maybe her green eyes traveled down Camila's body as she walks away, maybe they didn't, who knows.)

"Aren't you going to do the same?" Camila turns around, smirking when she sees Lauren flinching in surprise.

"Oh, yeah, sure, uh-huh," Lauren nods, walking to her own bedroom to change her damp clothes.

After almost ten minutes, Lauren is back in the living room, sitting in her previous spot on the sofa and putting back on her earphones.

And she is doing fine until she feels Camila's lips against her cheek.

And just like she feels them, she doesn't anymore and sees Camila making her way towards the kitchen like nothing happened.

In some ways, that is completely true. Nothing really has happened and they are being just Lauren and Camila: the same best friends they have always been, with the same banter and the same treatment.

Nothing happened but Lauren is pretty sure her heart just caused a massive earthquake between her ribs.

II

Lauren calls Camila 'love' from time to time. It is not like there are situations where she specifically does it. It just happens. The word 'love' (naturally) leaves her mouth before Lauren can stop it and it is fine because over the years she has learned that Camila actually loves when she calls her like that.

No one looks at her weird when she says it; no one questions it.

Lauren thinks that maybe it makes Camila feel special because they are both pretty sure that she doesn't call anybody else 'love'. Which is completely okay because, well, Camila is special for Lauren and she should know that.

So Lauren is now sitting on her bed, covered up to her waist and watching 'Sense8' when she sees Camila from the corner of her eyes. She quickly pauses the show and looks at her roommate with a curious expression.

"I'm bored," Camila says stepping into Lauren's bedroom.

Lauren furrows her eyebrows and tilts her head in confusion. "I thought you and Dinah were watching a movie," she says, patting softly the spot beside her in the bed so Camila can sit with her.

"We were but she fell asleep and it wasn't that funny anymore," Camila shrugs her shoulders, getting under Lauren's sheets and cuddling up to her side. "What are you watching?" she asks right before she yawns.

"Sense8," Lauren replies proudly, showing Camila the screen of her laptop.

"Is this the show you're obsessed with?" Camila inquiries, making Lauren wrap her arm around her shoulder so she can be more comfortable in the bed. Lauren just hums in response. "What is it about?"