Synopsis

After entering the professional snowboarding circuit two years ago,  Lincoln is more than ready for his chance to make the US Olympic team with his two training partners and good friends, Theo and Kassidy. However, the season leading up to trials signals a shift, and he knows it. The boarders who have been in the sport since the beginning are dropping off, letting new athletes take the slopes. Stunts seen in competitions are faster, higher, and more dangerous than ever, and officials are refusing to ban even the riskiest maneuvers, instead waiting for the sport to develop. He enters into this perfect storm at the X-Games in January, showing off tricks good enough to get him on the podium. Sponsorships come rolling in, and when the snow melts in the US, he chases powder to New Zealand with Theo and Kas. Will he be rewarded by his determination, or will his luck waver under the pressure of competition?

This is a novellette detailing the events of a subplot that occurs in my full length novel, Flurry, which is told from another point of view. I am writing this as a project for Camp Nano in April 2014, and will be posting my progress here. My goal is to complete it by the end of April, and hopefully end up around 20-25k words.