Chapter Twenty Three: Taking It Slow.

Comincia dall'inizio

Asami: "Fair enough. I'll get to work on it." Asami said sounding happy. I nodded before returning to my project once more.

I finish up the snow covered tops before I begin moving down the dark grey mountain sides. I pull out a thicker piece of charcoal so I can do this part a bit easier. Sicne its so dark I can be pretty liberal in my use of the charcoal. As I do that I don't hear a single peep from Asami. I guess this was far easier for her. I don't even get a quarter of the way down the first slope before she taps my shoulder. I put my charcoal down and look over. As expected hey are really good. Almost perfect save for a few mistakes here and there. I nod looking impressed at the work.

You: "As expected your straight lines are damn near perfect. Save for a couple of mistakes here and there they are great. Now. I would say do triangles but these squares tell me the result I'd get if I did." I said happily. Asami smiled more and I looked at the horizon. I decided to continue my work later and began to put it away. Once I was done I gestured for Asami to give me her pad. She did and once I put it up I set up a blank larger piece of paper. "Now. I'm going to show you some do's and do nots, for drawing simple items." I said as I adjusted the easel to let her get a better view.

And just like that I began showing her the basics of drawing. Some simple things. Horizon lines. The Vanishing point and a few others. She got the hand of it rather easily which I was not all that surprised about. As we went we chatted about a few things while she practiced what I showed her. Asami is worried about Opal and Lin. Not that they're in any danger but that Lin seems to be pretty hostile to most members of Sue's family. Even Opal's older brothers. That is worrisome I agree. I understand they didn't leave in the best note. Especially since Sue accidently gave Lin her scars after a heated argument that led to a fight. From what one of Opal's brothers told me is that Toph wasn't exactly an invested mother. So Sue ran with a gang while Lin did her own thing. It eventually boiled over at some point. Toph hasn't been seen in years though knowing this now, if it's true, may damage the respect I had for 'The Blind Bandit.' After sometime I decide to pack up for the day. Mainly because it is getting a bit busy so it may be hard to concentrate anymore. Once I am packed up I sling the easel over my shoulder and we begin walking back. As we approached the house we see Lin and Sue arguing as the others watch on. Lin stomps away in the end before I could get to close. Opal looks so upset but ends up leaving as well. Sue does nothing other than walk back inside. Connor shakes his head at that. The last thing he probably wanted to see is family fighting but boom. Here it is. Korra places a hand on his shoulder before they both walk off. The air around the whole house feels tense. It's sad really. Opal was so happy to learn she had an aunt and this is what she's getting? It must blow chunks. I place the easel back where I got it and leave that room with Asami. We stop when we see Opal leave a room with tears in her eyes. She begins to walk away so me and Asami chase after her.

You: "Opal? Opal what's wrong?" I asked with concern in my voice. She stopped and turned to me frowning with a single tear rolling down her face. I go to place a hand on her shoulder but she just abruptly hugs me tightly. I gently place my arms around her as to not hurt her. I feel her crying in my chest and I frown. "What happened?" I asked her in a near gentle whisper. Opal sniffs a bit in response. Asami walks to my side and rubs the poor girls back gently.

Opal: "I asked Lin... If she wanted to be a part of my life." Opal said still crying a bit. It was a bit muffled by my shirt. "She yelled at me... Told me she wanted nothing to do with me and my family." Opal said as she cried more into my shirt. I feel anger at that. What the hell is her problem?! I see Bolin start to approach us looking worried.

You: "I'm so sorry Opal... I'm here for you. So is everyone else... Bolin especially." I said as I looked at the said guy. He smiled a bit and Opal turned and saw him. "Go with him. I'll chat with Lin." I said smiling kindly at Opal. Opal nodded and walked over to Bolin. He wraps his arms around her as soon as he can which Opal seems to appreciate.