The Alpha King Chapter 2

Kayla's POV

Brightness.

To bright.

Turn it off.

I wake up to a blinding light, realizing I had left my curtains open. My room always got super bright in the morning. I haul myself out of bed, in my shorts and tank top, heading downstairs to see what is for breakfast.

"Morning," I mumble when I reach the bottom of the stairs.

My eyes shoot to my mate, sitting at the kitchen table eating some waffles. He looks up for a second, his eyes darkening, before returning to eating his waffles.

"Where are my parents?" I ask him.

"Alpha business," he replies shortly, not looking up.

I glare at him, grabbing a bowl and pouring myself some cereal. How much more of a jerk could he be? I take my bowl and walk in to the living room, turning on the tv, not wanting to have to sit with him.

I hear a phone go off, before he answers.

He cursed after a moment of silence.

"I'll be right there," he hangs up and then is gone, slamming the door behind him.

Well good bye to you to. God what was I in for? It was like he was ignoring us being mates. Was I doing something wrong? God he already drove me crazy.

After a couple hours, he came home. No hello mate, or anything, I growled lowly and my wolf agreed. I decided I wasn't going to stand for this, I got up and marched over to where he was, playing on his phone.

"Hey, mate. " I say dryly, glaring down at him, he looks up not answering.

"Got a name? Cause I find it kind of sad, I don't know my own mate's name." I hiss, narrowing my eyes.

He tenses up, looking back down.

"Lucas," He says giving me a hard stare.

I shake my head, go to say something, when the front door opens.

James walks in, smiling at me, then an idea forms in my head. I was such a mean mate, but hey he kind of deserved it. He probably totally forgot about last night.

"Hey bae, I called but I guess you don't have your phone on you." He pulls me in for a hug.

Suddenly, I am being ripped from his arms, and James is grabbed and thrown against the wall by my mate. He growls, and begins to shift, his eyes pitch black. Serves both of them right.

"Don't touch my mate." He seethes, squeezing his throat.

James squirms, trying to suck in a breath. I stroll over, grabbing his arm.

"Lucas, let him go, you don't have any right," I say pushing him away.

"You didn't even want to know my name, my own mate, so stop," Hurt flashes in his eyes before he covers it up.

I turn and walk out the door, leaving the guys, probably not the best idea. I shift into my golden wolf with blue eyes, throwing my clothes behind a tree and taking off into the forest.

I run for a good 2 hours before returning home, pulling my clothes on, my parents are home. Everyone is sitting in the kitchen talking about whatever adults talk about.

My mom smiles and my dad waves, I grin and wave back stomping up the stairs. Lucas walks out of his room, passing me, but not before he whispers.

"Kayla," he then walks down the stairs.

How did he know my name? Who had told him. I sigh entering my room, and turn on some music.

I lay on my bed, playing some games on my phone, when there is a knock on my door.

I sit up, looking over at the door, wondering who was knocking.

"Come in." I call.

Lucas stands in the doorway, looking at me with a guarded expression.

"Dinner's on." he states.

I nod, getting up off my bed and go to pass him when he grabs my wrist.

"I knew your name already, I asked someone at the party. So I do pay attention to my mate. How could I not?" He walks out before I can say anything, my wrist still tingles where he had grabbed it.

I stand there a few more minutes, before heading downstairs. Of course the one open seat is next to Lucas, jolly.

We eat in silence, most of the time. My leg brushes against Lucas' accidentally a few times, sending shocks through me.

I sneak a look over at him, his hair is tousled and he looks tired. I feel the need to run my hand through his hair, but quickly shove the feeling back down. He hadn't even brought up anything about our bond, besides knowing my name. Which was kind of sweet, I guess.

When we are done, I do the dishes and head to the living room turning on the Lion King my ultimate favorite movie. Before I can stop myself I fall asleep there on the couch.

"Kayla, wake up." I am being shaken, and know it is Lucas, from the tingles that run through me.

I open my eyes slowly and look up at him. I stretch out and suddenly realize how close we really are. I draw back a few inches and avert my gaze.

"I'm awake, what time is it?" I ask, a yawn escaping.

"Midnight, you crashed pretty early." he smirks.

I nod. "I was tired, got school tomorrow, might as well be ready."

He nods and suddenly grips my shoulders holding me in place. He growls lowly and sniffs the crook of my neck, his eyes darkening.

"His scent is all over you." He snarls, his body beginning to shake.

I push him back lightly.

"We aren't together anymore It's over." I say, trying to keep him from shifting.

After a few more minutes of just standing there, his eye color returns and he looks back at me once more before walking up the stairs to his room.

What the heck was that? He is so bipolar! I sigh and get up, heading to my room and going back to sleep.

...

There you go, chapter 2.

I know it is kind of boring right now, but I have some good ideas for this one. So hopefully you guys won't give up! :)

Vote

Comment

Share

-Kassidy