The Alpha King

Kayla's POV

The smell of alcohol overwhelms my senses, the music blaring. James had convinced me to come tonight, even thought I wasn't a party person.

"Bae, I've been looking for you," James slurs, handing me a drink and wrapping an arm around my waist, the smell of alcohol evident in his breath.

Even being a werewolf, he was still drunk. I fake a smile, looking down at the drink, god knows what it was.

James and I had started dating a few months ago, it wasn't anything serious. We both knew we would find our mates, and we accepted that we wouldn't stay together when that did happen.

Lately I didn't know how I felt about him, I knew I would find my mate soon, and it wouldn't be fair to keep leading James on.

I'm standing with James, his arm still wrapped around my waist, when he makes a grab for my butt, grinning like an idiot. Guys could be so stupid. He had never been that type.

I gasp, shoving him backwards and setting down my drink on a small table in front of me, glaring daggers at that jerk. I could not believe he had just tried me like that, he had never been the touchy type.

"Call me when you sober up," I hiss, leaving him there, ignoring his pleads for me to come back.

"Kay!!" My best friend Morgan calls out over the music, making her way over to me. She's about 5'6, with bright greens eyes and long blonde hair that goes in waves all the way down to her hips, you could say she was model gorgeous.

I envelop her in a quick hug, I hadn't seen her in a while. She grins, shifting her weight excitedly.

"The alpha king is at the party, and let me tell you, it is a fine sight," she giggles, her eyes full of excitement.

I roll my eyes, laughing to myself. She was always having her share of guys, not that it was wrong, I just believed in having the least amount of guys as possible, less trouble.

"How long is he here? Dad said they were here, some sort of alpha business or something," I tell her, taking a quick glance around the room. My dad was the Alpha of our pack, the Silver Star pack.

"A few weeks, I'm not for sure how long exactly, all I know is his family is making him look all over for his mate, she's a lucky one that girl," she laughs and walks off, giving me a last wave, before disappearing into the crowd.

I make my way towards the exit, when a door slams open in front of me, hitting me straight in the face and sending my sprawling backwards. Being the clumsy person I am, I fail to catch myself and land on my butt, letting out a curse, grabbing my throbbing nose with a shaky hand. It wasn't broken, it's probably just badly bruised.

I glare at the person, but it is soon replaced with a look of awe. A guy about 6'8 with dark brown hair, and forest green eyes, looks down at me. He's wearing a black button up shirt and dark jeans that hang low on his hips. He smirks down at me, causing a shiver to run through my body. My wolf howls at me, which is rare, she is usually rather quiet.

'Mate!' She howls, begging me to go to him.

"Might want to stop running into doors hun, don't want to mess up that pretty little face of yours. Do we now?" he says a smirk playing on his full, pink and kissable lips, his voice was deep and pretty sexy, with a slight edge to it , but before I can reply, he walks off, somewhere into the crowd.

I hadn't seem this guy before, and we live in a small town, so that wasn't usual. Right then I remember my conversation with Morgan, the alpha king was my mate, there was no one else here I didn't know, it had to be him.

I shoot up off the ground, making my way towards the exit, not before James stops me.

"Bae, I'm sorry, It won't happen again, I.." I cut him off before he can continue. God I hated when he called me that, how old were we 12?

"James, save it, I found my mate and was really not into this anyway, catch a taxi or something, you still are no where close to being sober," I shake my head, and toss a 20 dollar bill at him for the taxi money, before making my way out the door.

I make my way into the woods, stripping off my clothes and shifting into my wolf, who is begging me to go back to the party. I ignore her and make my way home, enjoying being able to let my wolf free.

When I enter the house, clothed, my mouth drops open. My parents are standing in front of me, grins on their faces.

"Honey, this is the royal family, they will be staying with us for a few weeks," my mother smiles and motions to 3 people standing in front of me, including my mate, who has a smug look on his face. That jerk, standing there, he didn't even apologize for hitting me with a door. He just walked off like it was nothing.

"Nice to meet you all, now if you will excuse me, I am dreadfully tired," I glare at him and sprint up the steps to my room, closing the door before anyone comes up.

I close my eyes and get ready for bed, taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth, before climbing into bed, listening to pandora, which always helps me sleep.

I find my self drifting into a deep sleep, of course being 'lucky enough' to dream about my totally gorgeous mate, when I didn't even know his name and just so happened to be the alpha king, who I don't even think wanted me as a mate anyway, how great it was to be me... not.

...

Chapter one finished :D

I have a good feeling about this one guys, hope you like it.

Vote

Comment

Share

Also, if I feel good enough about it, I may enter it in the Waddy awards. Let me know if you want longer chapters, sorry it is short, had to get the idea down before I forgot.