"When you threaten to destroy the building, people tend to do stuff for free" he smirked back. 

I nodded slowly as the memory washed over me like it was yesterday. I could tell from his eyes the scene was playing out in front of him like he was there. 

The silence grew as we watched each other. 

"This is the part where you run and then hit me in the face with a plank of wood" he mutters lowly to himself, the light dimming in him. 

"Wood in a hospital? I'm thinking I have a better chance stabbing you with an IV" I reply back. His whole body tensed. 

"How are you doing?" he asked slowly as his eyes took me in. 

"Perfect health" 

"I didn't realize amnesia fell under perfect health" he bit back quickly before he could stop himself. 

"I'm doing pretty damn good for a girl who jumped off the side of a building" I shrugged in reply. 

"Hell of a fall"

"Hell of a catch" I quickly reply back to him. 

Silence. 

I could tell he wanted to say more, it was practically rolling off him in waves. 

"I heard you caught me" I questioned him quietly. 

He didn't move or blink, "I did catch a girl who fell off the side of a building, yes. I don't think you are her however" he answered back. 

I tilted my head in shock, he was mourning me. 

He was writing me off as dead. 

At least the Katrina that he knew, the one who had been in that alley with him, who had run into that wall, and who had fallen off that building. 

He just didn't know that I was still here. 

I shouldn't but ... "why did you catch that girl then? You're the biggest villain, villains don't usually save people" I questioned lightly. 

He was stoic in the shadow of my room. His body like a statue. 

"I saved her because she meant something to me" he said. 

"What did she mean to you?"

"Everything" he answered without missing a beat. 

My heart hammered in my chest. 

My eyes unconsciously watered as I watched him from across the room. This man was it. My everyday would be spent obsessing over this man. 

Out of all of them in the world. 

It was the psycho who liked to commit arson that did it for me. 

This man. 

I didn't know what to say to that, my mouth had run dry. I wanted to clarify so much, to know how exactly I fell, to ask him about how he was even able to catch me when he had been so far away. Where was Lee? Or Corey? 

What exactly had happened? 

But before I could even shoot one of my many questions that him, he spoke. 

"She meant everything to me and I failed her. Again. Over and over, I kept failing her. And when she needed me the most, when the woman I loved needed me I couldn't save her. At least not all of her" he stated quietly. 

I was shell shocked. 

He actually said the words, "you loved her?" I asked him. 

Was this considered cheating?