Cliff

There's a strange sensation in the air as if we're being watched, but I don't see anybody, except for us.

I looked at our surrounding, and the forest trees are very tall.

The farther we got into the forest, the path was changing and was almost unbearable for us to walk on. We were crossing rocks, tree stumps that were left behind, and fallen trees. Daisuke offered me his hand as we crossed the difficult pathways. Maho was a bit ahead of us, and only stopped once in a while to observe the area.

"Are you two lovebirds okay?" We can hear Maho teasingly asked us.

"W-we're fine!" I shouted back a response, and my face flushed.

"And when did we became l-lovebirds?! I'm just helping (Y/N), so she doesn't fall!" Flustered Daisuke still holding my hand and shouted at Maho.

Maho was laughing and having too much excitement looking at us as she head on forward.

We reached a cliff about 15 feet above ground level at the end of our little hike behind the shrine. The area wasn't big, but could maintain a few more people. The view was beautiful that we took as many pictures as possible. We could see the small village we settled in, and the sunset made the picture perfect.

"(Y/N), get in the picture with Daisuke. I want the sunset to be the background!" Maho rushed us into position, "please make it cute!"

Daisuke and I were blushing our ears off, but we happily make our picture taken worthwhile. After our picture, Daisuke took a picture of Maho and I with the sunset as well. But than when I was to take their picture together, Maho suggested the background switched to the forest instead of the sunset.

"Why?" We question puzzledly looking at each other, and than to Maho.

"The sunset is beautiful, but I want the forest to be the background this time!" Maho insisted and dragged Daisuke towards the forest.

Daisuke and I look at each for a quick second and averted our eyes. Maho gave me the camera, and told me she wants the full body shot.

As I was trying to adjust the camera lens and taking a few steps back, I slipped. My shoes still have mud on them, and was slippery on some loose rocks near the cliff. I lost balance and fell off as I can hear both their screams calling my name.

"Ah!?" Was the only sound came out of me as I was still holding onto the camera. Flashes came from the camera was the last thing I saw after seeing them running towards me.

I didn't have enough time to scream as I was falling, and hitting onto the hard cool ground below. My body ache and wouldn't respond to my demand. My vision was also getting fuzzy and blurry as I can hear their voices far, far away as my eyelids slowly closed and accept the darkness.

It's not your fault.. was my last thought as I lost consciousness.