Prologue

My name is (Y/F/N), and I'm a 15 year old high schooler. I volunteered for an environmental protection agency called World Forest and Water Conservation (WFWC). They work in many different areas to preserve mother nature.

"(Y/N), are you volunteering for our summer project again?" Daisuke curiously questioned me.

Daisuke Ichikawa is a program coordinator for WFWC. I meet him a few years back when I first volunteered for WFWC. He's always been good to me and everyone else.

Most of the volunteers are high schoolers. We all have our own reasons to volunteer here. I'm planning to major in Natural Resources and Conservation, and planning to become an Environmental Inspector. I love the outdoor and enjoy the scenery.

"Yes, I am! What kind of project are we handling this summer?" I smiled at Daisuke cheerfully.

Daisuke blushed a bright red, and stuttered some words. I looked at him waiting for his response. Then I noticed his colleague walked by carrying research materials to his own desk, stopped in front of us as he overheard us talking.

"Ah, (Y/N), since you missed last week due to inconvenience. Our top boss assigned us and a few volunteers to go to Takamori-machi in Kumamoto Prefecture," Masamune replied before Daisuke had the chance. Daisuke was stunned and was frozen like a stone statue.

Masamune Hirayama is a Program Associate, who works along side Daisuke. He runs behind the screen making sure the program goes well. Although, he's mostly quiet, Masamune is a highly intelligent person who speaks his mind and everytime he talks

"We'll have the same group as last year," Masamune smiled brightly that blinds me, so I just nodded my head.

"Oi, Masamune, I was talking to (Y/N)," Daisuke annoyingly clicks his tongue.

"Haha, you were? I couldn't hear you, since you were just standing there like a toddler learning how to form new sentences," Masamune teased and lightly chuckled as he walks away.

"Geez, that guy always pop out of nowhere," Daisuke scratched his head and turned to smiled at me,"but he's a good guy tho."

"Are you flirting with our beautiful volunteer?" A woman's voice came in between Daisuke and me. We both turned our heads surprised and alarmed. It was Maho Uyeno.

Maho Uyeno is a Program Associate, who assist along side Chiyo Takashima, who is also a Program Coordinator and works the same material as Daisuke, but she's more strict and serious. This year, the director had paired these four along with some of us, volunteers together.

She put each of her hands on our shoulders, "you know that's against our policy." She smirked teasingly.

"I-I did no such thing!" Daisuke responded uncomfortably.

"Stop the nonsense talk, everyone," Chiyo's voice broke out of nowhere, "we have to prepare for our project, so we leave next week. Everyone should go get their ready as soon as possible."

With that said everyone got their job done and left early to prepare to leave for next week.

This was the biggest life changing project ever that none of us saw it coming. The pace was too fast that we hit rock bottom, and the saddest part was to let go of everything.

~(Y/F/N) from XX/XX/20XX to XX/XX/20XX~