19. This is the End

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the building began to collapse. I saw a piece of wood fall on top of Tyson, and then a scream. I just had to get through the wall of fire in order to escape. A block a fire fell behind me and I attempted in ignore the pain and moved closer.

I felt the flames getting to me and the blood seeping out of my clothes. So close, yet so far away. I was feet from the exit, but I had to get through the fire.

But as God answered my prayers, the door was kicked in. And there story Alejandro and men in blue. The last thing I saw before disappearing into the darkness...

♤♧♡♢

Gasping for air, I woke up in a white room. Am I in heaven? Did I really end up in heaven? Why am I still in pain?

"No, you didn't end up in heaven," a voice said. Mitchell. I sighed in relief, forcing myself up. "Wow, for the first time in your life, you look like absolute shit," he chuckles. I crack a smile, looking around. Then, a small figure comes running in. Ace.

He jumps onto the bed, grabbing me in a hug. "Hey buddy," I say softly. He continues to grab onto me as Mitchell talks.

"I'm sorry for all those weird calls and me acting distant. I knew you needed your brother safe and they were onto me 24/7. I'm so sorry, I couldv'e helped out more," he began to ramble. I stopped him.

"You saved me. You gave me a chance to grow stronger and smarter offering me to street fight, And, you kept Ace safe. That's all I could ask for." I say. He smiles.

"What are you going to do about Ace? The police know now," he says. I shake my head.

"I'll be eighteen in a week. And the money comes out of my dad's fund" I say. Mitchell smiles. I look down at Ace. "You're stuck with me for a while buddy," I tell him. He smiles happily.

"Mr. Summers called. He's coming to visit," Mitchell says.

"That'll be fine. Hopefully his life is back to normal."

"Hopefull yours is too Scar. You got to get out of street fighting," Mitchell says. My heart falls a little.

"But.."

"You have to. It was a kid thing. You're almost 18. You need to start living. Promise me you will," he says. Sighing, I reply.

"Promise." Relief flooded me when I said that word. It was actually over.

♤♧♡♢

Muted whispers filled in my ears as I opened my eyes. There stood the whole Summers family in front of me dressed in all black. I looked at them in confusion.

"Brent told us you died." Mr. Summers blurted out. Well. I stayed silent, not knowing how to reply to that. "Good to see you're alive," Mr. Summers said finally.

"I try." I said simply. They all stood there awkwardly, adjusting their weight from one foot from the other. "Why are you guys acting so weird?" 

"Oh thank god," Nixon said, wiping a fake sweat. "Mom told us not to trigger you. She's a therapist," he explains. I look over at her.

"Trigger me for what?" I question. She blushes.

"You just had a traumatic accident and.."

"I'm okay," I cut her off with a small smile. She nods and backs away, whispering something to Mr. Summers before exiting the room. Everyone begins to fix their gaze on me. "I'm perfectly fine," I say honestly, adjusting myself to sit up straight. "Just a little scratched up, that's it." 

"Well, if you say so," Nixon says, averting his gaze. I sigh.

"Please don't be awkward, your dad over here probably told you everything. Have you got your sister back?" I asked, hoping I didn't hit a hard spot. Each of their faces lit up.

"Yeah, finally, I was really worried," Elliot blurted out with excitement. I offered them a big smile.

"I'm sorry that you guys had to be involved at all." I say.

"It's honestly no problem Scarlett. You probably gave us the most exciting month of our lives. And confusing. But we don't mind." Austin says giving me his signature grin. Mr. Summers clears his throat.

"And that's why I'm offering you a job. The boys are serious about their band, and we actually do need a bodyguard. And we're willing to offer you a place to stay. What do you say?" he says. I make a face.

"I don't know, I kind of want to just cool off a little," I reply finally. He nods.

"I know, that's why I'm giving you this job. Maybe you can get accepted into some college in the northeast, and Mrs. Summers honestly wants a little boy to look over since all our boys are off to college. And our little girl needs a friend. So what do you say? I completely understand if you want to stay here. I mean, it is your home," he says, gesturing to the window.

But this isn't my home. "I think I'll take you up on that, but I honestly don't want to be a burden," I reply, letting my words fade off into the silence.

"We're filthy rich if you haven't noticed," Nixon rolls his eyes. Mr. Summers shoots him a glare as Austin snickers. 

"Maybe," I said softly. They nodded and began to exit the room. "Wait, Nixon," I called out. He paused and I saw Elliot's disappointed face as everyone left. Nixon approached me. 

"Yeah?" 

"You know Amanda died, right? Is Elliot okay? Are you guys okay?" I question him. He sighs heavily.

"Amanda had her problems, that's why she kept to herself. Elliot will be fine, he's just in mourning, as we all are. As for me, I'm just glad to see that you're okay," He answered, giving me a smile. 

I return it. "So how's Austin and Elliot?"

"It's been weird. I think Elliot has a thing for you still and he's convinced that I'm trying to steal you away from me, but it's all good."

"I don't want a relationship now or anytime soon, he needs to understand that."

"And he will," Nixon says, standing up. He flashes me a smirk. "Once you talk to him." I groan. "What? You can survive bad guys but you can't survive talking to a love sick boy? Scarlett, you'll be fine. I'll send him in later." Nixon exits the room as swiftly as possible and shuts the door. I stare at it, then groan, tossing my head back.

"So what, you fear confrontation? Is that how your life goes Scarlett?" a femine voice asked. I whipped my head around and gasped. There stood, in her 5 foot 6 glory wearing a white button down and white pants,

my mother.

"Mom?" I asked in disbelief, before rubbing my eyes. In an instant, her mirage disappeared. My heart was racing faster and faster as I attempted to squint my eyes to get her back in my sight, but it was all in my head.

It's all in my head.

Everything.