19. This is the End

THIS IS NOT THE END. THERE ARE STILL MANY CHAPTERS LEFT DESPITE THE NAME OF THIS CHAPTER.

A shot rings out, but nothing hits my chest. Opening my eyes, I see a figure sprawled out on the floor in front of me. My eyes widened. It was Alejandro, the idiotic alcoholic. I bend down quickly, grabbing my knife in the process.

"Alejandro?" I ask softly. He looks up at me, his eyes fixed on mine.

"Scarlett, " he says softly before falling on the floor. Confusion took over, but this is my only chance. He must have been in the corner somewhere.  But why would he save me?

Bending down, I whip my knife out stabbing the man holding my arm in the leg. He yelps, letting go of me, giving my enough time to grab a grenade.

"Stop her!" Tyson yells out to his other guards. The guard next the me dropped his gun, allowing me to take hold of it. I began to shoot the guards in the leg, dodging bullets from left to right.

Suddenly, a fiery pain begins growing in my left arm. Looking over, blood dripped down it. I've been hit. Tyson, obviously oblivious as to how to work a revolver, looked frustrated as he tried to get it to work. There weren't many guards, so I took them down one by one. Only half of them had guns for some odd reason.

The others opted for knifes, throwing them at me. I attempted to dodge each and every one of them, except for one, which hit me in my thigh.

Pulling it out, I sucked my teeth in, trying to ignore the pain, and continued on knocking the guards down, not killing them, but shooting in the leg, causing them to fall.

"There we go!" Tyson exclaims, advancing towards me. Pulling the pin, I throw the grenade at him, lighting up the whole place. Sadly, it was a bit too strong, advancing towards the ceiling, causing fire claimed wood too fall in front of the exit. He started to giggle evilly.

"If I'm not getting out, you're not getting out Scarlett. We're dying together," he says, grabbing a grenade from his jacket pocket and tossing it behind me. I lunged forward, grabbing the floor in front of me. I could feel the heat advancing on me.

"This is Scarlett. You and me. I've been waiting for this day my whole life. If you hadn't been born.." he said. Blood rushed to my face.

"If I hadn't been born, then what! You and my mom wouldv'e continued your "affair?" She wouldv'e eventually broken up with you anyway. Face it. It's not all my fault!" I yell at him, moving forward.

He stepped towards me, knife in hand. Not sure how he got it, My heart was pounding, almost bursting out of my chest.

"Kill me then. Do what you've wanted to do!" I taunted. He lunged at me with the knife and I grab it before it hits me in the gut and I twist it around to point to him. We were facing centimeters away. His eyes were burning with hatred and anger

"Kill me Scarlett. Be the killer I am," he says breathlessly with a smile.

"No. You're going to kill yourself," I say, stabbing him in the leg. His eyes grow wide and he drops to the floor. He looks up at me.

"You're going to die in here too. You might think you're all high and mightier, but in reality, you're dying Scarlett. You're inhaling the fumes now. You'll be dead in minutes," he says, then he looks to his left. Realizing what he was doing, I jumped on him, but too late.

He had shot me in the stomach, causing pain to erupt through my body.

"It's just you and me now," he says. I groan, falling to the floor. I could hear his soft chuckling.

"It's funny. You just met me, but I've known you my whole life. Yet, we're dying by each other's side. We should hold hands," he says. I groan.

"Shut the hell up," I mumbled before I dragged myself up and inched towards the door. I'm not dying here.