Chapter 5

Zoe's POV-

It had been a couple weeks since I had really begun to get to know Natalie.  She was fun to hang out with and definitely had me covered with notes.  I loved talking with her and today we were sat in the food court chatting.

"So, what are your plans for Thanksgiving break?" Natalie asked from across the table.

"Nothing much, my familt doesn't really celebrate Thanksgiving so I was just going to stay behind and chill." I responded.  It was true, we never had celebrated Thanksgiving and there was no point to spend money on a plane ticket to go all the way home for a holiday we didn't even celebrate.

"If my parents said yes, would you want to come home with me for Thanksgiving?"  She asked casually.  The question shocked me and I sat for a second.

"Zoe? You okay?"  Natalie asked apprehensively. 

"Wah? Oh yeah! Yeah, that would be awesome, actually."  I respond after pulling myself back into reality. 

"Okay, good.  I was hoping you wouldn't be weirded out or anything. Also, I asked my boss and he said it would be fine for you to come to the barn with me and meet some of the horses, if you would like to?"  Natalie asked.

I immediately lit up, I'm always up to meet horses. " That would be awesome!"  I replied excitedly.

"Cool, are you busy tonight?"  She asked hopefully. 

"All clear." I responded. 

"Cool, so i'll swing by your room and pick you up at... 6?"  She asked.

"Sounds good.  what should I wear?"  I asked.  I didn't want to ruin any good clothes.

"Just jeans or shorts and a junkie shirt, also, those rain boots should be good." She gestured to under the table smiling.

"Shoot, I'm late for work Nat, I'll see you at 6 then."  I explained, after checking my phone.

"See you at 6."  She replied waving as I walked out.  Well, tonight should be fun.

____________________________________________________________________

Natalies POV-

6 rolled around and I headed to the third floor of dorms to pick Zoe up.  I am beyond excited to take her with me.  With how much she has talked about horses I think she will have an absolute joy.

I stood in front of her door and knocked 3 times waiting.  I heard some feet walk across the room and my stomach began to flutter a bit.  Why am I so nervous?  

The door swinging open tore me from my thought and I was greeted to a smiling Zoe.  Her long hair was pulled up into a big bun on her head and her regualar hoop earrings were replaced with black studs.  She wore a big faded shirt from some Texas high school that was tucked into her high waisted shorts.  She wore a different pair of rain boots though, they were brown with lighter highlights on the sides. 

"Aren't shorts a bit cold for fall?"  I asked curiously.

"I like shorts any season, sweets."  She responded. "Besides, I have a hoodie."  She said and I looked down to see a black hoodie wrapped around her waist.

I shrugged at her, "Alrighty."

I led her down the halls in quiet conversation before we made it to the parking lot.  I led her to my black escape and she looked at me, "You have your own car?" 

"Yeah, my parents bought it for me second hand two years ago.  It might be a little older but, it still works nice."  I told her while I fished for my keys.