Visitors

Link to a picture of Scarlet as a pup: http://www.animalspot.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Ethiopian-Wolf-Pups.jpg

Cole and Harry got into his silver car before he started the drive to the hunter's house. He found out the hunter's name is Logan Wood and that he is forty seven years old. That he has a son in college and that his wife died a few years ago. Harry hadn't read the file and was only thinking about the hunter's pet she wolf.

Meanwhile Logan was cleaning his gun on the kitchen counter. Scarlet had gone outside to explore the forest and do her business. Logan was expecting a visit from a Mister Parker any day now. Mister Parker is the richest man in town, but everyone loves each other. They are a close netted community, but Mister Parker is the town leader.

Just as he finished polishing his gun there was a knock at his door. Cole and Harry had reached the hunter's house & are waiting for him to answer the door. Harry could smell that amazing scent again. "Yes, can I help you gentlemen?" Logan asks seeing the two young men at his door. One looked about twenty-three and the younger one looks about nineteen or twenty.

"Hello Mister Wood, my name is Cole Parker and this is my associate Harry Radcliffe" Cole introduces them.

"I've been expecting you Mister Parker, please come in" Logan says holding the door open for them. "I was expecting someone a little older, no offense" he states as he leads them to the lounge. "Please take a seat" he tells them as he sits in his chair.

"None taken, my father only passed his job to a little over a year ago" Cole tells him as he sits on the couch. "Now I hear you have a wolf, is this true?" Cole asks. Harry was looking at a picture on the mantel of a puppy and little boy.

"That is true, she is out exploring right now. But she'll be home soon for lunch" Logan states.

"Is this her?" Harry asks pointing to the picture and Logan gets up walking over to the mantel. He looks at the picture and smiles.

"Yes, that is back when we first got her about seventeen years ago. The boy is my son Kane when he was six years old" Logan explains.

"She must be old now then, if you've had her for seventeen years" Cole states.

"No she hasn't changed since she turned three, not that I mind. I enjoy her company and she is the best hunting dog I've ever had. Though I only had two before her, both males" Logan explains. Just then they hear the doggy door open and Scarlet appears growling.

(Outside a few minutes ago with Scarlet)

Scarlet had just arrived back at the cottage and smells wolves. She sees a strange car in the drive way and follows the scent of wolves to her front door. She growls runs to her door and enters the house growling at the two men that smelt of wolves. "Enough Scarlet, go to your bed now" master tells her and she whines. But goes over to her bed in the kitchen and curls up.

"I am so sorry, she has never reacted that way before" Logan tells the two men. Harry just looked at the she wolf and saw she has blue eyes. Which is unusual for a common wolf.

"No need to apologize, she probably smells our dogs" Cole lies. He knows the wolf can tell he and Harry aren't human. But he knows she is only trying to protect her alpha. After all we are in their home on her territory. All animals are territorial, it is only natural for her to react this way when she has never meet us before.

Scarlet glares at the man that had spoken before locking eyes with the other. Something passed between them and she felt content. Something or someone inside her was saying he'd protect her. Harry's wolf was yipping 'mate' in his head and he was so confused. How is a wolf his mate.

Cole saw Harry's confusion and the look he was giving Scarlet. "Mister Wood, how old was Scarlet when you adopted her?" he asks.

"About six weeks old, why?" Logan asks confused.

'She is no wolf Harry, she is a shifter. But had never learnt to turn into a human as she lost her pack when she was six weeks old. That is why she looks so young for a common seventeen year old wolf. Why she has blue eyes instead of brown' Cole explains and Harry smiles. He has a mate, but she'll need help to be a fully functioning shifter.

"Mister Wood there is a secret about this town and Scarlet that you need to know about. As her guardian" Cole tells Logan. Who gives him a confused look, what could they know about Scarlet that he doesn't know? Scarlet is also curious as she lifts her head to listen.

A/N

Picture above of Cole and picture on the external link of Scarlet's bed.