Draft Day

*3rd person P.O.V*

The NHL Draft, one day every aspiring hockey player yearns to attend. That dream was made possible for twenty-five year old, Raegan Murray. Born and raised in Athlone, Ireland, she was one of the few people who liked, no, loved hockey in Ireland.

Rae was currently sitting at her table with her mother, Bridget, father, Connor, brother, Jace, and four year old daughter, Luna. Rae was married at 21 to her boyfriend of eight years, they had a baby thirteen months later. Just last year they broke it off after not being able to make each other as happy as they wanted, but Rae was happy with her life no matter what happened.

Rae was sitting patiently, quietly cursing to thin air. She had been there for a half hour, waiting for her name to be called.

"And with the 28th overall pick, the Pittsburgh Penguins select, from the London Knights, Raegan Murray." Rae stood up and hugged her family while placing a kiss on her daughter's cheek.

She walked to to the stage, flattening her little black dress, meanwhile. She shook hands with the one and only, Mario Lemieux, pulled the Pittsburgh Penguins jersey over her head, and posed for a picture. She had finally made the team she was a fan of her whole life. 'You should like football, not hockey' was the response to her favors. No, she was a hockey (Penguin) fan no matter what Irish citizens had said to her when she wore her Hornqvist jersey. This was where she wanted to be, in Pittsburgh.

Hey readers, how are you? I hope you've enjoyed this first chapter!! Some of ya may not be Pittsburgh fans, but I'm from there and I love the Pens with all my heart. The next chapters will me much, much, much longer, I promise! Hope you enjoyed, feel free to drop a vote abd a comment, I'll talk to y'all soon, buh-bye!!!