CHAPTER 51: Camp Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Kaidoh snatched the towel which landed on his head and threw it again at his rival. "It won't if you're not spraying your spit everywhere!"

"Momo! Kaidoh! There's no standing in the plane!" Oishi scolded.

The two growled at each other like barking dogs and retreated to their seats fuming. Oishi sighed in resignation. "What should we do with those two?" He asked Tezuka sitting beside him.

"Let's just hope they'll mature before we graduate." The captain answered.

"That's a lot of hoping." Fuji said, letting out a short laugh.

"Don't jinx it, Fuji..." Kawamura said in exasperation. Inui simply sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose. "Well... Let's just see what will happen to this camp. Maybe they'll show their leadership somewhere along the way." He commented.

"Don't worry about it. They'll be fine." Kikumaru told them before munching on a pretzel stick.

The trip lasted for a few more hours and even the Seigaku members felt the fatigue. They retreated to silence, some dozing in their own seats.

They had the whole week to look forward to, but Ryouko was planning something else. CEO Atobe also has his own schemes, played by the spies he planted on the camp. The exciting time ahead was just starting.

~~~

"FINALLY!" Kikumaru yelled as they got off the plane. He stretched like a cat.

"We're here!" Kachiro and Mizuno chorused, running on the grounds of the landing site.

"You guys are so immature. What are you, elementary students on a field trip?" Horio told them.

"You were the most excited one between us, if I recall... You couldn't even sleep on the night before the trip. The light of your room was turned on 'til dawn." Ritsu commented and laughed.

"Eeek." Horio said. He was found out.

"How would you know that, Shimada-kun?" Miyako asked.

"Oh? Haven't I mentioned it before? Horio and I are neighbors. Our houses are side by side and our rooms are practically across to each other." Ritsu answered.

"You two don't peek at each other's rooms, now do you?" Mami said teasingly.

"Seriously, that's disgusting!" Horio and Ritsu exclaimed simultaneously. All the freshmen laughed.

"This way, you noisy bunch." Ryouko told them, rolling her eyes helplessly. They were met by a bus awaiting their arrival. It will be their transportation to the venue of the camp.

Atobe went ahead of them, riding in his personal car. He caught glimpse of Ryouko taking the seat next to Tezuka and whispering something in his ear before the car drove away. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He just received a message from his father. As he read it, the furrows on his forehead went deeper and deeper.

~~~

There was another fuss as they filed inside the bus and took their desired seats. Ryoma sat in his usual corner on the right side near the farthest window. "Wait up, Ryoma-sama." Tomoka called after him. He made no gesture of 'waiting up'.

All of a sudden, Ayase Mami elbowed Tomoka out of the way and went ahead of her. "Hey!" Tomoka exclaimed. Mami went straight after Ryoma and sat next to him. "I'll be taking this seat. You won't mind, do you?" Mami told him.

"Do what you want." He answered with a shrug.

"Hey, you gorilla. Get outta my seat." Tomoka marched towards them, stomping angrily.