𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒 ❞

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒 

𝗮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗴𝗼

MISTY WONDERED the streets of Queens, running errands for her mother and father. She needed to get out of the house, seeing as her brother's best friend was over at their apartment. Peter Parker, the boy with the nerdy glasses and cute smile. Misty has a little crush on Peter and it made her nervous being around him.

"Hey Misty!" the familiar flower man greeted her.

"Hi Frances!" she beamed. She headed on her way, the sun warming her face. She loved summer, the warm colours and beautiful weather. Finally, she arrived into the grocery store, greeting Dan the shop owner.

"Here's your paper Misty." he handed her the newspaper.

"Can I also have a bottle water to go as well. I'm dehydrated." she panted. Sweat dripped from her forehead. She might like summer but she hates sweating. Misty can almost picture sitting in her bedroom, the air-conditioner cranked up high.

"That will be $1.00." Misty paid Dan, quickly opening the bottle and taking heavy sips. Her throat bobbed. She disposed the empty jumbo bottle in the recycling bin.

"Thanks Dan. I'll see you soon." she wished him goodbye. Heading out of the store, she nearly tripped. Her shoelaces came undone. Sighing, she kneeled, tying her shoelaces. A shiver ran down Misty's spine, before the newspaper pages opened and flew away separately.

"NO!" she shouted out. She started running, catching each newspaper page. Her legs were on fire, lactic acid building up in her muscles. Not knowing where she was going, she headed into a dark alleyway. Picking up the last page, trying to catch her breath, she heard loud voices. Misty hid behind the dumpster, before spotting a man pinning another man against the alley wall, throwing punches. Blood dripped from the man's face. Misty's heart raced. She noticed a blue crystal in the man's hand, as he smashed it to the ground, quickly running away. Blue smoke surrounded the alley, causing the injured man to disintegrate.

The smoke filled Misty's lungs, before the skin on her body started hardening with black ichor. She screamed before the ichor enveloped her scream.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE SHELL cocooning Misty started to crack, before the shell fell apart. Misty fell to the ground, her breathing pace rapid. She looked down at her hands, her fingernails blue. She felt cold. Misty stood up, feeling a bit dizzy, slowly breathing out. Suddenly ice streamed out of her mouth, freezing the wall in front of her.

"What the hell." She saw frost coating the tips of her fingers. She quickly picked up the newspaper, running back home. The sun started feeling harsh on her skin. What happened to her? She finally arrived back home, slamming the front door of her apartment.

"Misty! Where were you?" her mother asked. She tried not to have direct eye contact with her mother.

"Here's your paper mom. I'm not feeling well. I'm gonna take a nap." she said, walking past her mom.

"Hey Misty, what's..." Peter greeted her, but she ignored him, bumping her shoulder with his. "What's wrong with her?" he asked Ned, her brother.

"She's weird. Rather not trouble her when she's in her mood." Misty heard her brother say. She closed her bedroom door, heading towards her mirror. Her eyes started to change colour erratically from brown to blue. Her hands began to shine a blue hue, her lips turning a shade of purple. How is she going to hide this from her family?

Eventually her eyes returned back to it's normal colour, as well as her lips. She sighed in relief. So much for being a normal 13 year old. Somehow, Misty must control her new abilities and most importantly no one must know her secret. Not even her family.