Tillikum's Tale

It was a normal day near Greenland, Tillikum the baby Bull Orca was swimming alongside his mum peacefully. He saw a seal and realised how hungry he was! This was the first time he'd attacked a seal so he didn't know what he was in for.. It was  also the last day he saw his mum.

Tillikum chased after the young seal lion, The seal didn't have a chance. A 1 tonne Orca like Tilly could easily catch a small seal which was dwarfed by Tillikum and all the other Orcas. He was zooming through the water at, at least 80kph. Then, when he go a rulers length away from the mammal he attacked! The seal tasted delicious and he was rather proud of himself for catching it! His mum came over and gave him a slight nudge of affection. They both had such a strong mum & child bond.

It had been 3 hours since he had caught that seal. The rush and excitement had drained away and Tilly was just starting to calm down. He swam closely alongside his mum as he still wasn't ready to enter the big wide world and defend for himself. Though, the seal catch earlier was a good example of his strength. He was dangerous and defensive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Chapter! I'll continue it later! This book will have heaps of reference to a popular documentary "Blackfish" which has since put SeaWorld Corp onto thin ice. The whole company is crumbling and there's even laws perhaps going to go up making it Illegal for them to have performing Orcas! While you wait for the next chapter, Feel free to watch the heart-breaking film. 🐬