the gift of the flame

my name is Ember, and I would be lieing if I said I was just a normal girl. I have a gift, that's more of a curse if anything, given to me by the great dragon on the day of my birth. This gift saved my life, I was very frail when I was born and everyone feared I wouldn't last the night. my mother knew the great dragon, our kingdom protected him from dragon slayers so in turn, he gave our kingdom guidance. the great dragon came as soon as he heard about my condition. he did the only thing he could, he gave me the fire of life and rebirth. my mother after being told of my gift, began to fear for my future, she believed that the greedy people of this world would take me away from her, in order to use me for there personal gain. so she did the only thing she thought would truly hide me from the world, the only thing that would protect me. she locked me away from the outside world until I could controle my powers well enough to hide them from people with ill intent. sadly though as the years passed they only grew stronger. The power grew stronger so rapidly that they became impossible to controle any more. not wanting to hurt any one around me, especially my mother, I ran away into the snowy mountains were the chill in the air would help controle my gift. except I don't see it as the wonderful gift from the great dragon, but a curse of which has no counter, no cure and no end.

but maybe one day I can learn to controle it and finally be able to leave this mountain and live a normal life with normal people. maybe I'll even find love and have a normal end with a normal family. but until then I'll stay hidden far away in my white cold world, safe from rejection.