But my hands never met her throat. 

Instead, an arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me backwards. I twist, furious, to see Alex. "What are you doing?! Let me go!" I squirm against his tight grip. He shakes his head firmly and I scowl, looking forward to see Taylor talking to a glaring Juliet. Alex drags me off, my arms crossed, until we reach Aunt Kathy's office. He herds me inside and she looks up from her desk when we enter. 

"Cass. Sit," Alex instructs, pointing to a chair. I open my mouth to tell him off, but he quickly cuts me off with a look. Muttering to myself, I plop down. 

Aunt Kathy follows Alex back outside, confused. I hear them talking, but I can't make out anything. 

"SHE DID WHAT?!" 

Aunt Kathy bursts through the door again, her face resembling an eggplant. "CASSANDRA ANN WILLIAMS!" 

I cringed, not looking at her furious gaze. She stood in front of me at her desk, hands splayed out to support her. 

"You attacked Juliet?" 

"Well, you see, its-" 

"Just answer the question. Did you or did you not attack Juliet?" 

I sigh, my shoulders slumping. "Yes, I did." 

"How could you do such a thing? Attacking another counselor! This behavior has become-" 

"Excuse me," I stand up, my lips pressed in a hard line. "With all due respect, Aunt Kathy, you can't accuse of me of doing something unjust without hearing my side of the story first. You have no right- again, respectfully- to judge what I did until you know why  I did it. And I do know that violence is never the answer. I was wrong in doing that." 

Aunt Kathy studies me for a moment, eyebrows raised, until a sly grin appears on her lips. "Very well put and you're right. Please, take a seat and explain." 

Not showing my internal relief and joy that Aunt Kathy didn't go full ape of me for saying that, I sat down, crossing then uncrossing my legs. "Okay, so you know how Juliet kissed Alex for that play last night?" 

"Yes, I have talked to her and she told me she was sorry for the act of inappropriate behavior in front of the children." 

I scoff, but quickly cover it up with a cough, blushing. "Anyway, Alex is my boyfriend, so I felt obligated to do something about it after she winked at him. So I asked to talk to her. See, using my words and not getting revenge!" I point out. Aunt Kathy just nods, waiting for me to continue. "So, I asked her why she did it, and she said quote and quote, 'she wanted to kiss an attractive guy.' She didn't care whether it affected my relationship with Alex." 

"I see," Aunt Kathy leaned back in her chair, folding her hands. "So that's why you pounced on her?" 

I shake my head. "Surprisingly, no. Juliet then proceeded to turn the tables on me and accuse of me cheating on Alex with Taylor! The nerve of that girl, I swear! She said that I didn't deserve Alex, which I know is true, but still! I don't need some chick who kissed him to tell me that!" 

"But you should have never resorted to violence." 

"Yeah, I agre-" 

I was interrupted by some short knocks on the door. Aunt Kathy exited the room and a moment later, someone entered. 

Juliet. 

"Guys, why am-" She stopped, seeing me scowling at her. "Oh, its you.

There was a clicking sound at the door and Juliet rushed over, trying to open the door. The doorknob wouldn't budge though.