Chapter 16: When The High Society Rips Anika into Pieces

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Mallika Beta......this is a society meeting not a cat fight. Please calm down and sit, so that we can continue." Mrs. Malhotra quipped in a high pitched voice. 

After sometime, I realised that I was just invited there to be mocked. They did not care about my opinion or my ideas. Considering that I worked in the events department of the Rana industry.....

"Bhabhi.......I will just go to the bathroom and come."

Mallika nodded. She looked a bit unsure. As I walked down the hall, I felt my feet step on something. I looked down to see a chocolate cheese cake stuck onto my ballet flats. I groaned. How would I clean that? I felt tears prick my eyes. Hey! Don't judge.........I am pregnant and I do have mood swings.

At that moment, I could hear some snickering around the corner. I knew the second generation was most likely the reason. I tried to take a step forward, but I could feel my feet skid slightly. 

"Anika Di?" A voice questioned from across the hall. I looked up to see Nikhil Handa watching me and rushing to my side. Nikhil had worked at Bhaiya's office as an intern for sometime. He was a real sweetheart like his father and not those conviving cheapdes that he called his mother and father. 

He looked at my shoes. "Arre di....you should have been careful. You could have got hurt and Sid Bhaiya would have had me slaughtered." He smirked.

He looked for a maid, who immediately helped me out of my sticky situation.

"Thanks Nikhil."

Nikhil gave me a smile. "No problem Di.....I still owe you for helping me complete the file on the first."

I chuckled. "Keep quiet....if Bhaiya comes to know I did it, he will tell your father. We both will get into trouble."

He laughed. "Okay di....see you at the luncheon."

I nodded and went further down the hall to the bathroom. As I was applying soap to my hand, I saw it turn a hot pink color. What? What was happening?

I immediately pulled my hand into the water and tried to wash the stain away. It slowly went away but was a light pink. I once again heard snickers. I rolled my eyes. Who was playing these pranks?

I was walk back to the hall when my feet tripped over something. I knew I could not fall if I did, my children would pay the price. I tried to break my fall by holding onto the table nearby. But in all that I sprained my foot. I winced.

"Anika Beta!" I looked around to see Malthi and Viren walk towards us.

Viren had a huge smile. "Hey Ani."

I smiled although my leg was hurting like as though someone was chopping it.

"Anika Beta.....are you okay?" Malthi aunty always knew when something was wrong. 

I winced. "Actually aunty, I sprained my leg."

Malthi looked shocked. "Anika.....I thought your mischievous behaviour was on hold till the kids were born."

I felt tears roll down my cheeks. "I tripped."

Malthi Aunty hugged me. "Viren help me get Anika to the room."

Viren was about to lift me when I felt another hand on mine. I saw Shivaay standing there. He looked like a thunderstorm on its way.

"Anika come."

He lifted me and carried me to the car. 

I fidgeted and struggled. "Shivaay.......put me down. Everyone is waiting for me in the room."

Anika's Secretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें