Chapter 1

5 years ago...

Normal. Was all I could describe life, besides raising a kid at the age of 18 with my boyfriend. I remember the whole scene when 'it' started.

"Sweetie!" I called to my 2 year old daughter, she was running around the house with wet shoes. As I ran around the corner a arm grabbed my shoulder, then I felt a wet arm wrap around my torso. It was Isaac and Isabella, "Mommy!" Isaac said in a childish voice, he grabbed me to cuddle on the couch. "Love you" I whispered, Bella hopped onto Isaac's lap causing him to feel pain in the Where the sun don't shine area.

We sat and watched movies, make snacks, and played some games until... Isaac got a call. "Hold on love" he picked up immediately and left telling his dad got into some sort of emergency at the hospital. "Mommy, why does dad have to yell everyday?" Bella asked, "He does this thing called YouTube it's what he does. Don't worry he would never yell at you or me" I hugged her and continued playing our game of tag. 

Isaac [p.o.v. switch]

I rushed to the hospital worried about my father, turns out there was a toxic spill near our neighborhood and he got affected it by it. None of the doctors of staff knew what was affecting him, his face was really pale, he had blood red eyes, and was having multiple seizures.

His head turned directly at me, he growled and his eyes were blank. "Nurse!" multiple nurses come in and see him. He lunges at them biting all of them. I don't know what that was but it turned the nurses into the same thing he was. I ran, ran like there was no end. The hospital guards came in and defended against those things. My dad saw me and ran so much walk towards me, I didn't want to hurt him so I just defended against him. He struggled to get near me and bit my arm, I fought through whatever feeling was taking over my body.

I tried running outside towards my home, I needed to leave. Far far away from Bell and Max. I reached home and left out a necklace and a bracelet, for Max and Bell. 

Maxine

"Isaac?" I saw him burst in hiding his arm, I was worried. He rushed upstairs and left looking at me. "Protect Bell" was the last thing he said. I tried running after him but he was too fast, he ran and ran following a group of people. I rushed home to my family, "Maxine? Is that you?" I heard my mom, "Mom what's happening people are running and screaming. What are those things!" Tears flowed down my cheek. 

"Sweetie come here" I took Bell's hand and sat her down on the couch near my younger brother. I watched the news as they explain what was going on. 

"About those weird humanoid creatures walking the planet. We don't know what they are but it's spreading a virus quickly by them biting, some don't turn become one quickly. We call them walkers, I advice for all families to barricade themselves and fight through the walkers." I looked at my parents. "What do we do? Isaac left, I think he got bit" Bell and Kyle were terrified. "We should pack our things and go, I have weapons in the basement. Mom and I will pack, Max go home with Bell and Kyle and pack your things. As much as you can carry" my dad instructed.

We got to my house and packed all of our clothing and food. I walk over to the shelf to see shiny items. A necklace and a bracelet, "Isaac..."

Present Day... 5 years...

"Mom, how long is it to Longville?" I didn't answer and kept moving making sure my younger brother and daughter were safe. I kept my guard, we ran into a horde minutes ago and now we're out. "Max? Why did you shoot mom?" I didn't want to answer Kyle but I knew I had to explain. "She turned into one of them, if I hadn't you and Bell would be gone" I held the necklace in my hand and held onto Bell's hand while I had a rifle in the other hand.

I heard a crack of a tree as a horde of walkers showed up behind us. "Kyle, Bell get up into the tree quickly!" I pointed to a tree far away from the walkers. I defended against the walkers buying them some time. I ran seeing them half way up the tree until a tree trunk snapped and fell on my leg. "Mom!" "Max!" I heard them call me, I tried lifting up the trunk but it was too heavy oh no... The horde was coming closer too me, a walker surprised me and tried biting me. I tried holding it off and throwing it instead I hit my head on a rock and knock myself out.