Staggering Through Twilight Hours

Start from the beginning

"But if I don't, I'll never be able to stand beside you and the others!"

"Stand beside?" Nagito crossed his arms and frowned, "You don't need to do that."

"I know the talent would only be artificial. But-"

"It's a horrendous idea, Hajime!" Nagito roared.

"W-why don't you want be with you and the others?"

"It doesn't matter whether you have talent or not."

"Is it because you don't see me as worthy or-"

"Talent really isn't that necessary. It matters who you genuinely are as a person," Nagito shyly rubbed his arm, "You and Ms. Yukizome taught me that."

He turned to Hajime who stood there gaping at him, "What?"

"Um, it's just-"

"Well?" Nagito impatiently asked.

"I never expected you of all people to talk about talent like that."

"Don't get me wrong, I still believe that it could lead to great hope. But-"

"But?"

Nagito rubbed his arm, "I also believe that being ordinary could lead to something else. Maybe happiness?"

"Happiness," Hajime smiled "Does that mean someone as average as me makes you happy?"

Nagito blushed and looked away, "Of course you do."

"Do you like happiness or hope more?"

"But they're the same thing, aren't they?"

"I guess they seem similar, but I don't think they're necessarily the same," Hajime tried to think hard, "I think hope is more about being optimistic that there'll be a better outcome. But that's not what happiness is. Happiness makes you smile and feel warm and fuzzy all over."

"Being actually happy sound a lot better than hoping you'll be achieve it. I'd like to remain the feeling of happiness for the rest of my life," Nagito wistfully answered.

"Nagito, do you want to get married?"

"Wha-?" Nagito tripped over one of the tree's roots, "Where is this coming from, Hajime?!"

  Nagito stumbled to his feet with his pale hands covering his flushed cheeks, "This is happening too fast. We haven't had a chance to properly confess to each other, much less go out on a date together!"

  Hajime clasps Nagito's right hand and goes down on one knee, "Nagito, marry me. I am your happiness after all."

  Nagito quickly retracted his hand from Hajime's, "Hajime," he turned away to prevent Hajime from seeing his cheeks burning with embarrassment, "quit playing around."

  Hajime got up and ran a hand through his hair, "I guess I better return you to your classmates."

'Huh, it seems to have stopped raining.' 

       Everything was unusually calm as the heat subsided. The fog began to lift and navigating their way back wouldn't be as difficult. Hajime walked Nagito, who still refused to meet his glaze, to the front of classroom.

Hajime wrapped an arm around Nagito, "We're getting married!"

       The classroom was eerily quiet before a giggle arose. More and more giggling erupted into complete laughter that filled the once dull and lifeless classroom.

"It's about time!" Fuyuhiko teases, "When's the wedding?"

Hajime thoughtfully placed his hand on his chin, "I don't know the exact date. But, definitely around next spring."

Mahiru mock gasps, "So soon?"

"The love I share for Nagito will not wait longer," Hajime dramatically slammed a hand on his chest

"Ooh, ooh," Ibuki jumped up and down, "can Ibuki play at your wedding?"

Hajime laughed, "Of course you can and the rest of you can come too!"

Teruteru smirked, "Then I'll be sure to cook you two several dishes that'll get you guys ready for your wedding night..."

"Geez, don't be a perv, Teruteru!" Hiyoko scowled at the chef's lewd comment.

"Hajime, I never agreed, remember?" Nagito pointed out.

"Well, you didn't say 'no' either."

"Say yes!" Souda yelled from his seat.

"I, uh-"

"Hurry up already!" Akane screamed, "The sooner you say 'yes', the closer I am to getting to eat an entire wedding buffet!"

"Now, now, wait a minute!" Teruteru pointed at Akane, "You will not be eating the entire buffet! You will have a certain portion as will the rest of the guests."

Akane grumbled to herself out of the earshot of everyone, "Tch, just you wait. I'll finish all that grub before you have time to blink."

"Um, I guess I-" Nagito started.

Sonia wagged her finger at Nagito, "No 'I guess'. This is a commitment, remember?"

"I-" Nagito had his head down.

Mahiru chided Nagito, "Look at him when you say it."

Nagito looked at Hajime's amused face and sighs, "I do."

The entire class burst into cheers as Ms. Yukizome walked in, "Aww, you guys missed me!"

"Um, actually," Mikan said, "we're celebrating."

"Oh," Chisa tilted her head, "celebrating what?"

Chiaki paused her game and smiled at her teacher, "Hajime's engagement to Nagito."

THUMP

"MISS YUKIZOME!"

"Eek, someone call a nurse!"

"Dumbass, you're a nurse!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please forgive me!"

                            About 7 years later....

"Where do you want the box?" Hajime called out entering the newly bought house.

"Over there please!" Nagito pointed to the room to his left.

Hajime groaned as he put down the box and went over to kiss Nagito's cheek.

"I'm still mad at you" Nagito puffed his cheeks.

"What for?" Hajime began to poke Nagito's cheek.

"Stop that," Nagito whined and slapped his hand away.

"Not gonna unless you tell me why."

Nagito grumbled something under his breath.

"Huh?" Hajime cupped his ear, "I didn't catch that?"

"For this," Nagito hissed and pointed to the silver band on his raised right hand, "I didn't believe you were actually going to marry me!"

"Oh, that," Hajime smiled at his husband, "Of course we were."

"You say 'we' as if I was aware of what I was agreeing to that day!"

"You did say you wanted to be happy for the rest of your life and that I make you happy."

Nagito crossed his arms and turned away pouting, "I hate you."

"I love you too, Nagito."