Orson was on the floor kicking and screaming. Quint totally deserved that.

While Orson laughed and Quint massaged his ribs, Galen wandered over and seized the poster. He then handed it to Orson to read. The teen read out loud. "School competition. All students are allowed to participate in a three day event. The competitions will be both physical and academically based, depending on the day. Students can form teams or go solo."

He didn't read any farther. "Galen! We should do this!" Orson cried. "You can be the brains and I can be the brawn!"

Galen raised his eyebrow. He then poked Orson's bicep, which was quite small compared to his own. Orson frowned and pushed his hand away. "Aw, shut up! I've got muscle! It's just hidden six centimeters under!" Galen rolled his eyes.

"Can I join your team?" Quint asked.

Galen signaled something but Orson did the talking. "Yeah sure! Just don't try and steal Galen while you're with us."

"Don't worry, Orse. I wouldn't want to take your wonderful possession anyway."

"Did you just call me Orse?"

"Did I? I'm sorry, I meant Arse." Orson screamed and ran full force and Quint, who merely stuck out his long arm and caught the teen by the forehead. Orson's fingers came up just short of clawing apart Quint's body.
+++++++++++++++++++++
On the third day, Galen came to Orson's office. Orson honestly felt like he was going to die of embarrassment. His office was nowhere near organized and he feared Galen would think that he was a slob. But if Galen actually did think that, he never said anything.

Galen handed Orson the datachips for the plans. "I've compiled them into one large chip which I'm bringing to Eadu. I heard there's a shuttle there this morning and I'm going to take it."

"So you're finally going to work with us," Orson said.

Galen nodded. "It's not like I have a choice." The way he said it made Orson's stomach twist oddly. It was almost like Galen loathed him now. "I won't interrupt any more of your day. Goodbye, Krennic." Galen turned to leave.

Orson realized this might be his last chance to make things right. "Galen!" Galen froze at the door. "Um... I... love you."

"Huh," said Galen. "Good for you." He started off again.

Orson wasn't ready to let the scientist leave yet. He hopped over his desk and spun Galen around so that they were facing each other. Orson then leaned in and pressed his lips to Galen's. Maybe this one time would fix everything. Maybe he and Galen could get married for good.

To Orson's dismay, Galen didn't kiss back. Instead he pushed Orson off him. "Galen... " Orson whined. "Please?"

"I can't award you for what you've done and what you're going to do." With that, Galen left. Orson felt his heart drop down to the core of the Galaxy.

He went out to the ship bay to watch Galen board the transport to Eadu. As he did, Galen looked back. His eyes locked with Orson's and for a moment, Orson hoped Galen would drop the building materials he was holding and come running to him. But it never happened. Galen disappeared into the ship, and a moment later it lifted off the ground and took off for Eadu.

Orson went to Galen's room. He felt empty as he punched in the key code. He thought about all his academy years with Galen, and how they had loved each other. Those times were gone for good, weren't they?

He opened the door. There was a large box on Galen's desk. Orson wondered if he forgot it. He walked over and went to pick it up when he saw a holodisk on top of it with his name written on the side. Orson activated it. A hologram of Galen popped up. Galen's hands began moving rapidly around and Orson realized he was signing something. He restarted the message.

'*Orson, forgive me for my hurried departure. I intended to give this box of datachips and holodisk to you myself but it seems the only way to keep these from falling in the hands of others was to leave them here and hope that you would come in this room.

'*I have given you this box of items for a very important reason. I would like you to do something for me, as I will be unable to do it myself. Each of these items are marked with labels bearing letters and numbers. Follow them in order and you shall see what I mean.

'*Still, I cannot just let you keep them forever. Each time you visit me, I want you to bring one of letter groups with you so I can have them back. I know you may want to keep them but I need them back, so as former friends and love interests, please do that for me...

*'Love... it's such a complicated thing, isn't it? I don't want you pining over your crush on me for the rest of your life. Please, find someone who will make you truly happy.

*'You understand all this, yes? I trust that you do. Now for the task. I want you to write something for me...'*
==========================================
Galen's message (or what you saw here) has another message hidden in it. Can you find it?

What do you think of the school competition ideas ?

Also, please review!