The Build Up

The next few weeks flew by in a complete frenzy of wedding arrangements. Luckily, for the most part, Emily and Shira were able to take care of everything with only a handful of arguments occurring between the pair, and Lorelai was on hand to stop Rory having some sort of breakdown when it all got too much – which it did, several times. It turned out that trying to decide whether roses or lilies would be more appropriate and which of the three different shades of cream for the table linens was acceptable was just too much to deal with alongside the double dose of pregnancy hormones that she was experiencing. Logan knew better than to get too involved and relied on being told exactly what the needed to do and when he needed to do it. His main concern above everything else was making sure that Rory didn't get too stressed out or put her and their babies at any risk.

Rory decided in that in her pregnant state the last thing that she really wanted was a wild bachelorette party so instead, Emily had suggested that they hold a low-key yet elegant afternoon tea, an idea that Rory was quite happy with. Lorelai insisted that she should host it at The Dragonfly Inn and enlisted her best friend Sookie to help with all the catering. The 'Willy Wonka' theme that Lorelai had decided on wasn't exactly one that Emily or Shira was overly impressed with but when it came down to it, they had to admit that when they looked around the room, what Lorelai had planned was a complete success.

As Emily and Shira had taken the lead, Lorelai had naturally felt a little excluded from the wedding arrangements, although she knew deep down that wasn't really the intention. Even so, when she got the chance to host the tea for Rory, she ran wild with the theme that she had taken from one of their favorite films and had happily greeted her guests on the steps of the inn.

"Come with me and step into a world of pure imagination..." she announced wafting her arms dramatically.

"Mom this is so great" Rory laughed as she walked into the see the decorated dining room.

Sookie had come up with an incredibly inventive menu for the tea. To start they were served a 'Fizzy Lifting Drink" which was actually a cherry soda served in a small bottle with a paper straw and sprinkled with popping candy. The tables were laid with delicacies such as the Oompa Loompa's miniature sandwiches, Augustus Gloop's chocolate lollipops, Violet Beauregarde's blueberry macaroons, Charlie Bucket's chocolate fancies and Willy Wonka's butterscotch scones. Everything tasted amazing and everyone was so very complimentary.

As Rory sat there surrounded by her closest friends and family she couldn't help but think how lucky she was. She was glad that finally she and her mom seemed to be back on the same page. She hated it when they didn't get along and she really hoped that this was a sign that Lorelai had finally accepted her and Logan.

Deciding to support Rory and display a show of solidarity, Logan had chosen not to have a bachelor party, much to the utter disgust of his friends. This, of course, didn't stop them turning up at their apartment one night to drag him out for a night of drinking and then delivering him back at the end of the night, barely able to stand up. Rory had opened the door to the apartment and swiftly pulled out the pregnant card, demanding that Colin and Finn actually get Logan into bed seeing as there was no way she was going to drag him there.

"You got him in this state, you get him into that bedroom," Rory said with her hands on her hips.

"You're so bossy when you're pregnant" Finn pouted.

"I think that's 'bossier' actually" Colin corrected him.

"Watch it McCrae" she warned "Just get him in there" she rolled her eyes as she followed them into the bedroom where Colin and Finn dumped Logan down on the bed and she started to undo his shoes.

"Rorrrrry, you're a good girlfriend, isn't she a good girlfriend," Logan said to his friends.

"Yes. Yes, I am a great girlfriend" She said throwing his shoes on the floor. "What on earth did you do to him?" she said looking at his friends.