It's a date!

It was at that moment that Serena was shocked on the inside

It was at that moment that Serena was shocked on the inside. Was this THE Denise that was Ash's ex-wife? She had no clue. Ash had never shown her any pictures of her so she didn't know if this was the exact Denise. There were many Denises out there so it was a fat chance that this was the one.

"Say, you look familiar. I have a feeling I've seen you somewhere before." Denise stated. Maybe this might have been the one.

"I'm not sure. I've never met you before." Serena replied.

"I could have swore I've seen you before, but I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's-"

But the next thing was bound to shock Serena even more, because it was the moment of truth.

"Oh wait! Now I know. My ex-husband Ash Ketchum used to travel with you." Denise stated.

Yep. This was in fact THE Denise that happened to be Ash's ex-wife with that confirmation.

"So you used to be Ash's ex-wife huh? I'm sorry. I'll get out of your hair."Serena said and started walking away, but was immediately stopped by Denise.

"Now I didn't say I didn't want to meet you."

"Wait, what?"

"My husband used to speak so highly of you when he and I were married. Sometimes more than me, but that doesn't mean I resent you." Denise stated.

"You don't?"

"Of course not. I'm not that kind of person. Come on. Let's find somewhere to sit and talk." Denise said as she turned the other way and waved her hand to motion Serena to follow. Serena was a little perplexed. This Denise seemed nice, maybe she wasn't that much different than Ash. Once they sat down on a nearby bench, Denise started the conversation.

"So Serena, what was it like travelling with Ash?"

"Well, it was the best time of my life. My whole journey when I was young was started because of him. When I saw him jump off of Lumiose Tower and recognized him, I went off on my journey and I tried to find him. When I did, he invited me to travel alongside him and his two friends." Serena explained.

"Wow, that's amazing! Your journey must have been something with him wasn't it?"

"It was. I owe everything to him for what I've learned." Serena replied. "So, what was it like being married to him?"

"He was and still is a great guy. I was that lucky girl that got married to the World Champion. It was great for the most part. I even got to write about his battles." Denise explained.

"You WERE lucky to be married to him. Ash is the most remarkable guy I've ever known. It must have been an honor to be his wife for you." She commented.

"Yeah. It was."

Serena took a deep breath before asking the next important question. "Not that it's any of my business, but why did you two split?"