Hard Times

Authors Note: Sorry for the delay, I'm out of the country right now so it's hard for me to get chapters done.

Anyways, here a quick chapter!

Serena was sitting on her couch with Sylveon sleeping on the other side of the room

Serena was sitting on her couch with Sylveon sleeping on the other side of the room. It was Saturday and she was sitting on her couch watching whatever popped up on her tv. She really had nothing to do today and she couldn't think of anything so what choice did she have? Training with her Pokemon was only an occasional duty, at least a once a week thing, never more than that.

She had gotten dressed but didn't put on her shoes as she really had nowhere to go. She usually did more on most days but today was different. When she ever had a day like today it was either because she had nothing to do or she chose not to do anything. It was more like the former but she didn't really mind if it was anything else.

Hitting 2:30 in the afternoon and she had been doing this since the moment she woke up and gotten dressed around nine this morning. To her, the past five and a half hours had been slow, half the shows she watched since then were boring or something she just wasn't into, or something she did like but had seen many times and wanted to waste no time right now watching it again.

Many of the people she had stayed friends with when she was ten still kept in contact with her. A few didn't. Clemont once every so often, Bonnie way more than her brother. Bonnie had kept in touch with Serena for the last sixteen years and was really the only one who did it on a constant basis. Bonnie had grown as well. She was only a few years younger than Serena and was now in her early twenties. A year or so ago she had started going out with Max. Max was a little nervous when Bonnie asked him out but learned he needed to be a man. If there was anything he learned from tugging Brock away from random girls a lot when he was little, how else would he start the next chapter of his life, and so far it was going very well for the two of them.

Serena was happy for all of her friends that were in a relationship, whether it was dating or being married. Not everyone was in a relationship though, May was single at this point mainly because she wasn't in the mood to date right now. On numerous occasions she thought she would go out with Drew since he grew nicer to her, but she didn't think he would accept. May was really the only one. Even Brock was in a relationship, he had been going out with Lucy for a while and they actually got engaged a few months back and were planning on marrying in five or six months, they hadn't decided. No one else was really married or engaged at this point, so Serena wasn't alone.

Throughout the years, all of her friends had asked her about Ash, wondering if she would ever see him again. Most of the time she replied just saying that she would hope so. She didn't know when, it wasn't set yet, because even a couple of them hadn't seen Ash at all or rarely ever did, so there was another thing where she wasn't alone.