Chapter 1

I guess I should update ://
My friend @InkRomantic helped me edit and write this! She never posts but deserves recognition!
---

POV: Eowyn ||| She's 17 at this time

Isn't it strange how what you think is a perfectly normal day ends on a horrific note? How a day can start perfect, and end in a place close to Hell? In a matter of hours, your whole life can change.

Well, for mine it did.
--
The innocent shine of the dawn sun was a more than pleasant awakening. I closed my eyes, savoring the moment that had become apart of my everyday life.

"Honey! It's time to get up!" My mother yelled from the kitchen, disrupting my thoughts. I sit up and sigh, my palms supporting my upper body. "Okay! Be down in a moment!" I yelled in reply. I slid out of my bed, missing the warmth the second my feet hit the cold floor. My arms raised above my head, stretching until my joints popped in satisfaction. In the mirror across from me I see the atrocity that was my auburn hair, disheveled from my slumber. I raked a hand through, trying to make myself semi presentable, but to no avail.

As I sat at the table, my mother places a plate of toast and eggs in front of me. "Thank you," I say, and look up at her, smiling in appreciation. She smiles and ruffles my hair, giving me an even more scruffy look. I whine. "Mother!" To which she merely replies playfully, "Whoopsie daisies!"  Smiling apologetically, she continues to speak. "Your father is talking to the blacksmith right now, why don't you go help him? I'm sure he'd appreciate it." "Of course! Thank you for breakfast!" I say as I head out of the house.