"Why are y'all here again? I told y'all to get away from my house and I meant that." Nova said stepping back.

"Can we just come in and talk to you, we wanted to apologize." Francine asked, while Candice stood behind her with her arms folded as if she didnt want to be here.

"Yeah thats cool. Make the shit quick tho we were on our way out." Nova said stepping to the side letting them in. I laughed internally at the black around Candice's eye from when I punched her. It had only been three hours but that thing was shinning.

Nova led them to the family room and we all took a seat where we had previously sat earlier.

"So what's up, what y'all came back for cause our minds haven't changed."

Nova said getting down to the point.

"Well like I said, we wanted to apologize. This is all been so tough and I guess we're letting it get the best of us. I'm not gonna try and take him away, I can see that you guts love him and that he's well taken care of.

I would appreciate any time you're willing to give me with my grandson and I would appreciate it if you all would come to my daughters funeral. Him being there would make it all so much easier to lay her to rest."

I figured she would change her tune, she ain't want no smoke with us for real.

"That's what's up." Nova said sounding unimpressed.

"When is the funeral?" Nova asked

"Its gonna be next Thursday. I can text you all the info if you decide to come."

"Yeah, do that. I'll give you my number just hit me up and I'll let you know if we can make it or not."

Nova said taking her cell phone that she had pulled out passing it to him. Ion know about this tho, something seems off to me.

While Nova and Francine were carrying on their conversation I was peeping Candice looking around at all the expensive things that was displayed around the family room while she also texted away on her phone.

I decided to remain silent for the moment maybe I was reading too much into it because I really dont like these people and maybe thats why I'm being paranoid, but I will be keeping my eyes open.

"Well I appreciate you taking more time to hear me out, we're on our way to the airport to head home. Y'all have a good rest of the evening."

Francine said gathering her things, after a few more words they were out of our house and out of our lives for the moment.

"You ready to ride baby?" Nova asked coming back into the family room where I was still sitting.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I said snapping out of my thoughts. I grabbed my things and followed him out of the house.

We drove to our destination in silence for a while, me still in deep thought, then I was startled out of them when Nova spoke.

"What's on your mind over there pretty lady?" He asked while reaching over with his right hand placing it gently on my thigh.

"Umm- I guess I was just thinking about today's events. I dont know Nova, I found it really strange that they came back with a totally different approach than they had the first time. Then Candice didn't peep not one word this time, when she had so much to say the first time."

"I mean you did knock the shit out of her the first time, I think I would have been on hush mouth the next time I saw you too."

"Nah.. Baby I know bitches like Candice. Who she was the first time is exactly who she is. She wasn't scared. I'm telling you that they're on some other shit."

"I dont know ma, I just think that they realized they weren't gonna get anywhere coming at us like they did before and knew that they needed to fix the shit."

"Maybe so, but I think we should take precautions baby. We can never be too safe."

"Well, imma take heed to what you're saying. If we're both not down for him to attend the service then we won't go, simple as that."

"I think you should get Vinny to run background checks on these people."

"Thats a great idea, I'll call him up in the morning. But listen, let's put all of that behind us for now and just enjoy ourselves the rest of the day. We've been consumed with everything but us for the past couple of days. We're doing good- well we're doing great,but we still have our marriage to be working on, we're not all the way there yet."

"We fall back together so easily that I forget the we ever had problems." I giggled.

"Thats right we do, thats how we know that we're meant to be, but still we go zero to one- hundred real quick, when we fall apart we fall all the way apart. I don't ever wanna get back to where we were. I want you forever ma, I want us forever ma."

"Awww baby thats so dam sweet!" I cooed leaning over kissing his cheek as we pulled into McAllister's valet parking line. "I dont ever wanna go back down bad times road again. We almost lost each other and I dont want that to happen, its me and you and our kids until the end baby." I assured him.

"Thats what I like to hear wifey, its us against the world." He leaned over and we fell into a passionate kiss. The love was definitely back between is, and not just the lobe we have only because we have history. Its the love we have thats deep and meaningful, that we both need and want each other and not just going through the motions.

"I love you so much Nova." I said as we pulled apart and I whipped my lipstick off of his lips.

"And I love you so much more Keyah. I mean that girl." He said as we gazed into each others eyes.

"Hey I got an idea." He excitedly announced.

"Tell me all about it." I replied in between pecks to his lips.

"You know how Doc had us doing those spontaneous date exercises?"

"Yeah.." I answers returning the excitement.

"I wanna plan something for us tomorrow. After we finish up with the paper work for the house I wanna take you somewhere."

"I am with that idea, I dont care what it is I'm with it."

"I knew you would be. I just thought it would be good to keep up with the exercises Doc taught us. It'll make us stronger and stronger. Plus it adds excitement to our relationship."

"I know baby, we fell off a little bit but you're right, it's a great idea baby and thank you for being so dedicated for the both of us."

"Ya man got us, believe that.. Just pack a small bag for a beach day. That's all I need you to do."

"Yes daddy.."

______________________________________

Vote & Comment