Part 26

Christmas Day-

Riley wakes up to Lilly shaking her awake. She sits up and pulls the blanket over her shoulders, hiding the red marks from Lilly's young eyes. "Go wake everyone up honey."

Lilly runs out of the living room and upstairs, yelling, giving Riley some time to get off the couch and into her wheel chair. By the time Logan, Alex and Ally get downstairs Riley is almost to tears from pain. Alex stops and looks at his half-sister. "Do you want anything for the pain?"

"No." Riley shakes her head. "But could you get me some orange juice?"

"Yeah." Alex smiles slightly. "I'll get it now."

Alex exits the room as Jace walks inside the . "Merry Christmas everyone!" He yells, smiling. He walks into the living room with a pile of gifts. He sets down the gift as Mary and John walk in with coffee's, Alex next to them holding a water and orange juice. "How are you feeling this morning Riley?"

Riley looks up from her hands. "Extremely tired. In pain. You?" She asks, as kindly as she could. He knows shes suffering.

"Slightly tired."

"Here Riley. I brought water so you can take some Advil." Alex set the glasses on the side table and pulls Advil pills out of his pocket.

"Than you sweety." Riley smiles and hugs him.

Alex hugs her back and sits with the other three siblings by the tree. Mary sits with them, sipping her coffee and hands out gifts. John pulls a chair up to Riley's wheel chair and holds onto her hand. He leans over and they rest their heads against each other. "Thank you Riley.." He whispers.

"For what?" She asks quietly, watching everyone open gifts.

"Spending the last of your life with me and my family."

"We're all family dad." she looks at Alex, Ally, Logan and Jace. "Either its blood, marriage or just from closeness." She speaks quietly, trying not to distract anyone.

After gifts, Marys parents came for more gifts and dinner and Jace brought Aubrey so they could be together as a family. After dinner Riley felt tired so she excused herself. "Ill help you up stairs." Jake takes Aubrey off Riley's lap. Mary carries Aubrey upstairs while Jake helps Riley up.