My heart shattered piece by piece as he confessed everything word by word.

I walked out on him.

He did not even chase me.

Funny was the rain was pouring on a summer day.

The person whom I thought was an angel was the devil who broke my heart.

***

[Alyson’s POV]

I was called to the office of our club advisor Mrs. Wells, wife of our English teacher Mister Wells. I was on my way there, thinking of why she wanted me in her office. Maybe it was because of what the article that I wrote about Bryce Pendleton.

I sighed as I trace the steps to her office.

The article I wrote became trending on twitter. I was surprised when I saw posts about it on twitter, because the people posting it were the people whom I thought cannot read. Even if they were angry about it and called me a ‘lying obsessive bitch’ I did not care. I was happy that I did it.

The entire school knew my side of the story but a few only believed it. Many of them still believed that Bryce will never hurt a girl. He had a really clean record with girls. All of Bryce’s exes were the reason of their break-up. I was the only one who was different so hardly anyone believed it.

I finally arrived at Mrs. Wells’ office.

There I saw Bryce and I frowned as he glared at me.

“Good morning Mrs. Wells why did you call me?” I asked her with a smile.

“You really have no idea why?” he asked me.

“I have an idea, unlike the four months of lies we had. That I did not have any idea,” I snapped.

He did not give a response and just glared at me as I sat on the chair in front of him.

“Alyson what you did was very unprofessional,” Mrs. Wells said with a calm tone.

“No it wasn’t, our Club’s motto is to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,” I reasoned, “I wasn’t making that up.”

“Yeah, but that was way too personal,” Bryce snapped. I noticed his baby blues turned dark. He was furious.

“I don’t care, I am glad I did it,” I said coldly.

“Alyson I’m afraid I have to suspend you for being the editor of the school paper,” Mrs. Wells said.

“No you can’t do that,” I said, “being the editor is like the only reason that I come here in our school!”

“I’m sorry Alyson,” she said.

I was close to tears but then I laid my eyes on Bryce who couldn’t look at me straight. His movements reminded me of when he was telling me of the sick bet he made with his friend whom he left unnamed. “You,” I snapped, “this is all your fault!”

“I’m not the one who wrote the article,” he said with his voice in a hush.

“I would never write that if you weren’t such an asshole! You bastard!! I hate you!!” I walked out with tears in my eyes.

I hate him so much.

***

Lunch time came and girls were glaring at me in the whole cafeteria. I grabbed some doughnuts and milk and sat on the table where Cicero was already eating. “Having a bad day Alyson?” he asked.