----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Tai'ray awoke to a loud banging on his door. He groaned and buried close to Dyn'ad, his mate hugging back sleepily and kissing his shoulder. He was not in a mood to deal with the world that morning.

"Tai'ray!" a stiff voice said angrily from the doorway to his nest.

Tai'ray moaned lightly but sat up and glared at the man who had let himself into the room. He could count on his hands the number of people who were either stupid or brave enough to call him by his name, his mates not included. Everyone else called him Winglord. Even the Namya's twins called him by title.

"Yes Sakmi?" he yawned darkly, combing a hand through his hair.

His mates groaning either side of him, annoyed at being disturbed themselves. None of them had been happy last night after losing Ryraso and as a consequence hadn't gotten much sleep. Losing Ryraso had angered Tai'ray and upset Nel'os. Dyn'ad had spent the better part of the night comforting and reassuring them while dealing with his own demons about how he had dealt with Kelenn. His confrontation hadn't gone well and chances were the twins wouldn't be the most friendly to them from now on. As added salt to the wounds from losing Ryraso, Aw'endo had refused to come home too.

"Loror wishes to speak to you," Sakmi commented seriously, walking into the room and opening a trunk to find Tai'ray some clean clothes.

"I'll be down in half an hour," growled Tai'ray.

"You have five minutes," Sakmi said firmly, slamming the trunk shut and placing the clothes on top of it. "We do not have time today to deal with your moping."

Tai'ray hissed at him, his wings spreading wide at the insult but the man did not even flinch. He was used to Tai'ray's dramatics and was not afraid of the Winglord. After all, Tai'ray would never harm Sakmi for fear of Loror's wrath. Though Sakmi knew, if he ever fell out of Loror's good books, he was going to make a very fast and strategic retreat somewhere Tai'ray would not find him. Ever.

"You have no right to order me around Sakmi!" Tai'ray hissed, his claws drawn ready to attack.

"These are Lord Loror's orders, not mine, Tai'ray," Sakmi answered smoothly, adding insult to the injury was making it clear he had no respect for the Winglord's position. Loror was the only one who gained the title 'Lord' from him. Not that he didn't have respect for Tai'ray. Quite the opposite, but it was just so fun to ruffle his feathers. "Now get dressed and let's go."

"Get out," Tai'ray growled, rolling out of bed and moving to the clothes reluctantly.

"I am to accompany you to the throne room," Sakmi commented.

"That bastard really doesn't trust me, does he?" Tai'ray grumbled, knowing that was a wise move on Loror's behalf. Tai'ray would never flee from a summoning but he might turn up a little late. Or considerably late depending on his mood.

"Wonder why," Dyn'ad and Nel'os said in unison with a teasing edge to their tone. Tai'ray scowled at them but continued to get dressed in the clothes Sakmi had got out for him. His mates just smirked.

Sakmi stood there in silence as Tai'ray got dressed, mumbling and cursing all the way. He didn't even bat an eye as Nel'os rolled out of the bed sheets naked and wandered over to the bathroom. Sakmi was... strangely used to the K'nairi. Like all D'mar, he had a charm which prevented him from becoming part of the link, but he had little doubts that without it, one would form easily. He understood them too much. Which is why he wasn't offended by Tai'ray threatening him. Nor by the leering look Dyn'ad was currently giving him.

"So Sakmi. Have fun last night?" Dyn'ad asked as Tai'ray got dressed, gaining the Winglord's attention. He knew that tone. That was a tone of voice which offered gossip, gossip and possible blackmail to use against Dyn'ad.

"My private life is none of your concern," Sakmi said curtly, "But yes, once I was finally dismissed from Loror's rooms, I managed to meet up with him and have a good time, thank you." The k'nairi could smell sex on people and lying about it was one good way to end up with them using it as ammunition for the rest of your days.

"Ha!" Dyn'ad grinned broadly. "Finally sleep with him then?"

"Him? Who's him?" Tai'ray asked curious, straightening his robes, finally dressed.

"No one who is of any concern to you," Sakmi said calmly, giving Dyn'ad a look.

Dyn'ad smiled back innocently but winked. He knew who Sakmi was crushing on but he wasn't going to tell his mate that, pushing him away as he poked through the link. Sakmi's secrets were his own. If Dyn'ad couldn't keep Sakmi's secrets, the man wasn't likely to keep theirs and as much as Tai'ray disliked Sakmi at times, they did need the man on their side. Or at least not likely to try and backstab them at every given moment.

Tai'ray grumbled in annoyance but didn't say anything. He knew better than to try and get anything out of Sakmi. As for Dyn'ad... Still, if it was no one of any concern to him, whoever Sakmi was into was human. Not necessarily D'mar, only not K'nairi.