"Oh yeah, right. I do know how," he stammered.

He gingerly took one step onto the ice. Then another. His legs began moving forward, but in opposite directions.

"Help. Me," he called and I skated over to pull him up.

"You've never done this before have you?" I asked.

"Nope. Never," he laughed.

"It's pretty easy. You just move one foot at a time, going slightly outward. Like this," I said and demonstrated.

"Okay that looks easy enough," he said and straightened up. He put his arms out for dramatic effect and moved one foot forward.

He didn't fall.

"Good!" I complimented.

He gained confidence and started moving forward. Maddon began to gain speed and I had to skate away to avoid him.

I could hear the scratching of his skates behind me.

"Braelynn!" he shouted. "How do I stop?"

It was too late. His arms pressed onto my shoulders, but he was going down.

He crashed full speed into my back, sending me tumbling forward and him coming down behind me.

We both screamed.

Somehow, he had managed to twist us so he landed first and I landed on top of him.

My hair was falling forward, framing my face and his. We both laughed at the situation.

"I guess that's one way to stop," he said.

"Yeah, it's not my favorite method though. Tends to hurt."

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Perfect. And you?"

"Great," he answered.

Neither of us made a move to get up.

I could see every detail of his face. From the slightly bruised eyes, to his cupid's bow.

I thought back to my plan of staying away from him. I pushed off the ice and stood up, skating a little away from him.

I watched as he struggled to get to his feet, falling back on his butt.

I doubled over in laughter as he tried again and again to get up, falling every single time.

He was grumbling under his breath on about the tenth try before I went over to help.

"So nice of you to offer your assistance," he said sarcastically.

"It is always my pleasure," I answered sweetly and pulled him up.

Except it didn't work how I wanted to.

When I pulled him up, he pulled down on my arm, sending me off balance. I tried to save myself, but to no avail.

I landed hard on my butt.

Maddon's laughter filled the air. Although I usually enjoy the sound, it was really annoying me now.

On the plus side, I got my payback. Maddon laughed so hard at me, his poor shaky legs couldn't hold him and he fell backwards too.