The truth

*the next day*

Piers POV:

*I am getting dressed.I am finally released from this damned hospital.Why did I press that acceleration pedal harder and harder.It's just wonderful. Now a man is dead because of me.'I notice Susanna entering and I push this thoughts to the back of my mind.She starts helping me with my tie.

S:How are you feeling?
P:Good.Can't wait to get home.
S:Well ok then.You're all set,let's go.Here are the car keys*gives him the keys*
P:I am not driving you are.
S:Why not?
P:You will see why when we get home.
S:Fine.I am driving.

*30 minutes later*
S:Make yourself comfortable.I will come back in a moment.
P:Ok.*sits on the couch*

*Susanna comes in with hot chocolate for her and coffee for Piers*

Susanna POV:

S:So are you ready to tell me why you press the acceleration pedal till you made an accident.
P:Well I think you know a part of the answer.
S:And the other part?
P:Well, in college me and two classmates were coming back from a party.I wasn't drunk.Anyway I was driving the car and at some point a drunk driver hit us in full force.Both cars took fire.The friend that was staying on the passenger seat was injured really bad.And he said he wanted to tell me something."Don't let me die" where his last words.And because of that if anyone whispers something in my ear I don't hear what that person said I just hear Andrew's last words.
S:Oh my god.I'm so sorry.*hugging him*I didn't knew.Well that's a lot to handle.
P:Yeah.
S:You know I always wondered what you did before starting a career as a journalist.
P:I did nothing much.I was mostly working in restaurants.Waiter
S:Really?
P:Yes.
S:That is cool.Now I know why you know so much about cooking.
P:Yeah I spend many hours in the kitchen.I got what to do.And the longer the shift the better.
S:Why is that?
P:Well,let's say my mother only cared about grades and one thing that absolutely no one knows about me:I was bullied in middle school and highschool.And it was kind of good that I spent most afternoon's and nights there.And my father wanted perfection and almost always when I told him the truth he said that I was lying.So I saw no point in going home.And plus my uncle and my aunt where living nearby so sometimes I would go and sleep there.
S:Well,those people you lived with are no parents are monsters.And you are nothing like that.I know you and you are the most brave person I ever met.
P:Me?That's not true.I am not.
S:Yes you are.And that's what I like about you.
P:Ok.Thanks.Anyway I am going to an afternoon nap.
S:Ok.Sleep tight.I will see you later.

//To be continued//