6: A Second Chance part 2

Tamar pov

I just dropped Hailey off at Bey's house and went to the studio.
(A/N: Beyonce is Tamar's best friend from college and Hailey's God mother)

Toni said that she had something very impotant to tell me. When I got there I went to a conference room and waited for them to start.

"Tamar this is one of my good friends Babyface. He wrote the song and he thinks you sounded amazing." Toni said

"Thanks and its nice to meet you."

"Likewise. I asked you to come here today because I want you to make singing your professional job. You sound amazing and the world needs to here how great you sound."

"Im not sure about that. Toni is the superstar. Im just the little sister trying to make something out of herself." I said.

"And you can make something out of yourself if you take this deal. I wont make you do anything you dont want to do and my label wont make you do anything that you arent comfortable with."

"Tamar this is something that I know that you will enjoy doing. We've been talking about singing for as long as I can remember and you have me here to show you the ropes so you dont have anything to worry about."

"But this is something huge Tone. I dont want to make the wrong choice. Can I have some time to think about it?"

"I'll give you until Friday." he said.

"You'll have your answer by then."

We shook hands and me and Toni got up and left.

"So are you thinking about doing it?" Toni asked. We are currently sitting at Uncle Julio's for lunch.

"No. Maybe. I dont know. Should I?"

"You should take the deal. Something like this doesnt come to a person twice. You should take it because you enjoy singing. Why else would you be studying music therapy? Music is in you and you have a lot to tell. You can help so many people with your voice."

"What about my job at the law firm?"

"What about it? If you do this you wont need that job anymore and you can still continue to go to school."

"I guess I will do it then. As long as they dont try to change who I am and take my time away from my child then Im good."

"So call him and tell him."

"Not yet Toni im still thinking about it."

"Fine."

After lunch we went our separate ways. I left and went straight to Bey's house to get my baby.

"Hey Bey how is my babies?" she just had her daughter Blue a few weeks ago.

"They are fine. They are taking a nap right now."

"Oh cool. I have something to tell you."

"What is it."

"Well you know that I just got back in contact with my family right?"

"Yeah. How is that going?"

"Everything is fine with me and my siblings its just my parents that I dont want to talk to. But back to what is more important. I just had a meeting with Toni and Babyface and he wants to sign me to his label."

"What!" she said.

"Yes but I dont know what to do. I love to sing but I also love my privacy."

"Dont you love singing more than anything?"

"Yes but-"

"Then go for it. You know I'm here for you and so is your family. Im pretty sure Toni will be there for you and she wont let anything bad happen. Think about Hailey. If you do this she will have more and better opportunities and so will you. The both of you need this actually. You will be doing something that you love and Hailey will be watching her mother make people happy and maybe follow in your footsteps."

"Maybe." I said.

"As long as you know that you have the support of your best friend and daughter then you are good."

"I might do it. This is my second chance to do this and I dont want it to pass up."

"Then stop worrying about it and be happy."

The rest of the day we just chilled and talked about school. When the girls woke up we went out for ice cream and talked more about what I should do.

Friday

Today is the day that I meet with Toni and Babyface. These past couple of days I have been contemplating on whether or not I should take this deal. I really want to sing but I also love my personal space and my privacy. I dont like when people come up to Toni and ask for autographs and pictures when she is clearly not in the mood and dont want to be bothered.

"Hey." I sais as I walked in the room.

"Hey."

I sat down next to Toni and we started the meeting.

"So Tamar have you thought about my deal?"

"Yes I have. And I also have a few questions."

"Go ahead."

"How do you deal with the fans?"

"With fame comes fans and haters. They dont understamd the word no and they can be a bit too much. But sometimes they understand that you arent in the mood to talk or take pictures."

"Did you ever gwt ised to the paparazzi?"

"After a while I did. They need to make money some kind of way. They will do the most at all times. Its alright to answer a few questions as well."

"But they interfere woth your personal life."

"Not as much as you think. Omce someone yells your name that normally when they come out. And I promose your private life will remain private."

"Well in that case, I except."

"Welcome to Def Jam records."

We shook hands and Toni hugged me.

"I need you to fly to Maryland next week." He said. My whole mood changed when he said that.

"Why?" Toni and I asked

"For a meeting with the president of the label. I told him about you amd he wants to meet you."

"Cant  I wait until he comes here?"

"He womt be back here for a few months."

"Thats fine. Im willing to wait."

"I can call him and see and I'll let you know."

"Ok."

We all left and I went to Bey's house to get Hailey.

"So how did it go?" She asked

"It went well. I signed the papers and I work with Def Jam Records!"

"Congratulations T! Wr have to celebrate."

"I know and we will."

She went to go getting Hailey for me and we went home.