4: The Project

Tamar pov

Its been a few days since I talked to my family. They have been calling me non stop. Every time my phone rings its either Mikey or Trina. Toni stopped calling and started to message me. I only respond to her. Even though I forgave the others I'm just not ready to pick up where we left off.

"Mommy are you ready yet?" Hailey said.

Today was her last day of school. Next school year she will be a first grader.

"Yes baby I'm ready."

Today is her awards ceremony. I told her that Toni was coming and she has been rushing me all morning. I drove her to the school and we went inside.

"Where is Toni mommy?"

"I don't know baby but I will go find her. Go sit with your class."

She walked away and found her seat. Just as I was about to turn around I seen a huge crowed forming. Something told me that it was Toni.

"Excuse me guys. I have to find my sister." she said

She walked over to me and everybody kept staring.

"I'm sorry Tay. I didn't mean to make a scene."

"Its fine. I'm glad that you made it. That's all that matters."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I've been missing the both of you."

"I've been missing you to. She was rushing me all morning so she could see you."

"Please welcome Mrs. Peters kinder garden  class as che presents her awards." The MC said.

"That's Hailey's class." I said.

We waited for the teacher to finish with her speech and then she started to call their names. It took her a little while to get to Hailey's name because she has a huge class and she didn't go in alphabetical order.

"Hailey Braxton. She is receiving the citizenship award, handwriting award, most improved, and perfect attendance." she said

Me and Toni stood up and cheered. We didn't stop when the other people started looking at us crazy either. When the ceremony was over I went to find her. She was talking with some of her friends.

"Hailey."

She looked over at us and ran past me and went to Toni. I was speechless. She always run up to me.

"Toni I dont appreciate you stealing my baby away from me." I was beyind jealous.

"Sorry Tay. She came to me first."

"Thats fine. She will want me later." We walked out and went to my car.

"So what are you going to do now?" she asked.