“Thanks Lev. Get that stitched up”

The call ended. Just in time, the nurse is back.

I had five stitches and it was painful. I took the cab to the studio and found boss nearly exploding due to the crew messing up

“Lev, good, you’re here” boss hugged me “Is the stitch okay?”

“I’m fine boss” I broke the hug “What’s wrong?”

Boss sighed

“The crew messed up the sets and we’re behind schedule”

“I’ll get it fixed up” I told him

I forgot to mention, I was accepted into this job because I have a unique talent for manage sets. The current set in the studio was not the one I noted them last week. They got it mixed up all over again and I’m going to call a meeting tonight with the crew.

“Guys, where is the backdrop?” I asked the crew

The crew scrambled looking for the backdrop and they got mixed it up with some wallpapers in the storage room. After setting the backdrop, I got them to arrange the plants for the commercial shoot. The shoot was all about Adam and Eve finding clothes (which is the new collection being released by the fashion company) from the tree of wisdom. It’s a unique shoot, boss is a genius.

When we finished fixing the set, boss got the camera’s rolling and the models acting. It wasn’t long for boss to catch up with the schedule and we ended up around nine in the evening. He apologized to the company representative for the delay but they were really impressed by the fast shoot that they would love to have the studio shoot another commercial for them sometime.

“Lev, I owe you” boss told me

“It was nothing boss” I couldn’t shake off the feeling that I did a great job

“Stop being so humble Lev and be proud of yourself for once!” he told me as he slapped my back softly

I smiled at him. He is a great guy, he made me feel good for my job. It’s not every day you get praised by a director.

“Boss” I called him

“Yes Lev?” He asked

“I’d like to meet with the crew. They messed up the schedule I gave them again” I told him

“Okay, you can” boss approved it.

So I called in a meeting and met with the crew. I gave them some pointers on how to be more organized and gave them all my number so if ever something like this would happen, they could call me and ask anything.

“Okay guys, no questions?” I asked them

No one had a question and they seemed satisfied with the meeting.

“Okay, meeting is done. Good job guys”

Everyone left with a smile. Time to go home. I took the bus to my apartment’s street. When I got out, I dropped by the convenience store at the corner and bought some beer and bandages. I have no work tomorrow since it’s a Sunday so I’ve decided to spend tomorrow watching some classic movies at home. When I was about to arrive at my apartment, I saw someone waiting outside my door. As I got closer, I found out it was Sidney. What is she doing here?

“What are you doing outside my door so late?” I asked her from a distance

Sidney faced the direction I was and smiled

“It wasn’t hard to find you Lev” she told me

“Well I wasn’t hiding anyway” I told her