Chapter Three

The next thing I knew, I was wearing my shorts and was on my bed. I try to sit up but I’m suddenly struck by a headache, I was having a hangover. I lay flat on my bed, waiting for my head to hurt less.

I faced to the right to see what time it was and the alarm clock said its twelve noon. Shit. I’m late for work! But God, this headache hurts. Just how many shots did I drink last night? Wait, I was with Cara last night. How did I end up here? Did she get back to her place safely? I grabbed my phone on the table beside my bed and I dialed Cara’s number. A few rings later, the phone was picked up.

“Hey Cara, it’s me” I told her

“You? W-who is t-thisss..?” the voice asked in a very weary voice

“Cara, it’s me, Levy” I answered her “I’m calling to see if you safely arrived home”

“Levy? Ohh squiiiiiiishyyy” Cara hiccupped “I’m a little sleepy and –“

The phone cut. I guess she’s okay? I better drop by her place to be sure, it’s too late to get into work anyway. But right after I get rid of this hangover and feed Skittles, my cat. Which reminds me, I wonder where skittles is? She should be here by now waiting for me to feed her. I pulled myself out of bed and wore a shirt and started to look for Skittles.

“Skittles?” I called out “Where are you?”

It didn’t take me while to find Skittles. She was sitting by the window, purring at the people passing by.

“Hey Skittles” I picked her up and caressed her fur “You hungry?”

“Meow” Skittles purred each time I caress her fur

I took her to the kitchen and placed her on the counter. I opened one of the cabinets and took out canned cat food and took out a knife in a drawer nearby. As I was opening the can with the knife, it slipped the can and I accidentally cut the palm of my left hand.

“Shit!” I’m starting to panic, I hate blood!

I dropped the knife on the counter and rushed to my room to get the first aid kit as Skittles watched me. I cut my hand too deep and I know I had to go to the hospital for it to be stitched. I opened my closet (while doing that I accidentally wiped blood on it) and took out the first aid kit. I took some bandages and wrapped them tightly on my hand. I went back to the kitchen and finished opening the can and placed the food in Skittles’ bowl. I took my bag and my apartment’s keys and rushed myself to the hospital.

When I arrived at the hospital, I went to the emergency room. I told the nurse what happened and she led me into a hospital bed and told me to wait there while she would get the stitch kit. Just as the day would get any worse, boss is calling me. Shit. I answered the call

“Hello?”

“Levy where the hell are you!?” boss screamed

“I-I’m at the hospital…” I’m starting to get dizzy due to the amounts of blood I’ve seen

“Why? What happened? Are you okay?” he got worried

“I-I’m fine” I told him “I had an accident. I cut my hand and I’m getting it stitched”

Boss sighed

“Okay Lev. But you have to come here. Today is a big shoot and we need all the help we could get!”

Big shoot? Shit! It’s the commercial shoot for the fashion company. It’s today already?!

“Shit I’m sorry I forgot boss” I apologized

“It’s okay Lev” he told me “Just come in the studio after you’re done there”

“Okay, got it”