ways of handing in assignment

This is an issue that I had to face today. Now, when i say ways of handing in assignments, i mean is it either via email or printed out. I am fine with printing out work if we are told to the day before it is due, it is NOT alright if they tell you right before they ask where your assignment is. Lets go through what i had this afternoon:

sir: wheres your assignment?

me: on my computer.

sir: why have you failed to print it out?

me: i didnt realise we had to print it out. I thought we just send it to you and change ownership, like the other assignments.

Sir: excuses are not allowed in my class.

me: okay can i go and print it out now then?

sir: you NEVER leave my class to print out work, never ever ever!

me: well then can i just send it to you because i didnt know we had to print it out.

sir: no, you are to wait until the class has finished (period 6, last period of the day) and then print it out and give it to me in person. this will go on your record and if you fail to print it out in the future, you will have an immediate detention, for 2 days, with me. you hear me?

me: yes sir.

so, thats how my afternoon got screwed over, plus the chromebooks we have, dont print anything out so i had to waste an hour of my time doing this for him just because i couldnt simply send it to him. HOW STUPID IS THAT! now it is on my record. speaking of record, i am now introuble for having 2 earings in at once. how about we make stupid uniform policies our next entry, shall we?

this is entry 6, ways of handing in assignment