Chapter 9

I just dig my face to the pillows and I try to calm down. I try to stop the tears. Theo opens the door and sits on the side of the bed.

"Anything wrong?"

"Everything's wrong!"

He lies down and leans closer to me. He wraps me in his arms and he kisses me on my forehead. I want to express what I feel so I don't hesitate to cry. He wipes my tears with his fingers and I feel the warmth on my cheeks.

"It's ok, Shai. Everything's going to be allright."

"I hope so."

The two of us just lay there in silence. I breathe a deep breath. I feel the warmth of his body and it makes me feel better.

I didn't love Gus but he was somekind of a special friend to me. He was fun to be with and I remember our childhood memories. He would always visit me and force my mom to let me play with him.

We would always play in the park next to Theo's house and we wod also invite Theo.

Guilt stabs me right through my heart when I reminisce those memories.

I look up to Theo and he lifts my chin and we join our lips together. That kiss made me feel stronger.

I should tell him what I read.

I grab the crumpled paper from my pocket which was the letter of Gus.

"Theo here."

"What's this?"

"Just read it."

"Shai, he loved you."

"I know. But I didn't love him back that's why I'm crying because I'm the reason why he died."

"Shai, he died because he wanted you. Needed you."

"But Theo, you're not gonna leave me right? Just because of him suiciding because of me, nothing changed between both of us right?"

He smiles. "I would never want to leave you."

I hear the car's engines so I tell Theo to get up.

"Mom is probably here."

He goes outside first then I follow him to the stairs. It's already dark.

"Bye Shai. I'll just get some rest in my house. It's been a tiring day so you might also need some rest too."

I hug him tight. "Bye Theo!"

He smiles and walks out of the door. Thinking of him saying goodbye made me feel sick. I wouldn't want him to be like Gus. It might be the last goodbye. But NO. Of course not.

My mom enters the door. "Theo was here with you."

"Yeah mom."

I sit in the couch and she sits next to me.

Comment if you want me to continue to Chapter 10 or 11. Thanks for reading!!