Chapter 13: Start

"Fred, this is me..." She said and looked at her engagement ring that he gave, "I don't know how to say this but, I'm calling off our wedding. I can't marry you, Fred. I can't because I already am..."

Hindi niya alam papaano niyang nakakayanan na sabihin iyon pero malaking bagay sa kanya ngayon ang humihingi ng kasagutan.

And no matter how good life is with him, still, she's incomplete. She heavily sighed.

"I'm sorry, Fred. I truly am. When I woke up, I thought I had no life other than myself, but it seems that I have and I am now going to figure it out. Thank you, Fred, for everything... I hope you'll forgive me... I--" She couldn't even say it to him now.

Mahal niya ito pero hindi yata higit sa inaakala niya. Sunod niyang tinawagan ang kaibigan, bukod kay Fred alam niyang magaalala ito nang lubos.

"Sab, this is me," She said on the voice message, "I can't talk to you straightly, so might as well, just send a voice message."

She sighed and bit her lips, "I'll be staying here. I don't know how long but, there were questions that filled my head that needs an answer. I'm sorry, Sab. I missed you..."

When she ended the call, she looked at her ring, again and then removed it. Now she knew why this has to happen. She has to face her reality and not run away with it. 

Okay, she's staying.          

Pagkatapos ng nangyari kanina, nagpaalam lang si Wesley at iniwan siyang magisa doon. Vince tried to talk to her, but... she needed time on her own.

At ngayong nagawa na niya, kailangan na niyang harapin ito. It's already 11:30 PM, malamig ang simoy ng hangin kaya naman lumakad siya papunta sa pinto ng teresa para isara iyon.

But, she stopped when she saw Wesley. Nakatalikod sa kanya at may dalang gitara, "Uuwi na ako, are you sure that you'll be fine?"

Hindi pala ito nagiisa. Kanina pa kaya silang magkasama? Sa mga nagdaang taong wala siya, ito ba ang lagi nitong katuwang?

"Gabi na, marami namang kwarto rito. Dito ka na magpalipas ng gabi," He said to her, "Pasensya na hindi kita maihahatid."

"I understand, takot kang takbuhan ulit?" She said as if it was funny. Hindi naman natawa si Wesley bagkus lumingon sa gawi niya! Mabuti na lang at agad siyang nakapagtago.

"Sige, dadaan na lang ako ulit bukas." Iyon na ang sunod niyang narinig pagkuwa'y sumilip muli. Wesley started to strum on that guitar, may talento pala ito sa pagtugtog at... pagkanta.

Feels like I'm standing in
a timeless dream
Of light mist, of pale amber rose

Napapikit si Camilla habang pinapakinggan ang boses nito na tila sumasabay sa ihip ng hangin at katulad nito, malamig din sa tenga pakinggan ang boses ni Wesley.

Feels like I'm lost in
a deep cloud of heavenly scent
Touching, discovering you

Tumatagos sa puso, umaabot hanggang kaluluwa.

Bumaba si Camilla para lapitan ito, hindi na lang niya pinagisipan, sinunod na lang niya ang mga paa at puso na doon patungo.

I love you always, forever
Near and far, closer together
Everywhere I will be with you
Every sin, I will do for you

Natigil lang si Wesley nang sambitin ang huling linya ng kanta. Napatayo ito nang maayos at napahawak sa batok, "Gising ka pa pala..."

She didn't respond, lumakad lang siya papalapit sa inuupuan nito kanina. Tumabi naman sa kanya si Wesley at nagbigay ng kaunting espasyo.

"I'm staying." Natigilan si Wesley sa sinabi niya, tila hindi agad nakareact. She sighed and bit her lower lip, "You said that I was the one who left, right?"

Tumango lang ito sa kanya, "I want to remember, Wesley," she said, "I want to remember you as my husband, our marriage, this life..."

Lumamlam ang mata nito sa kanya, nawala na ang galit sa titig, napalitan ng iba... saya? Tama ba siyang sabihin iyon?

"Okay," he looked at her, "What do you wanna know?"

She looked straightly in his eyes, she couldn't deny the fact that he has these beautiful ash-gray eyes that suits the blue night, his aristocratic nose, a distinct bone structure that emphasizes his foreign features, and also his lips, his luscious lips that scream hunger and thirst.

"Camilla" She went back to her senses, "You're doing that, again."

Huh? What does he mean?

"Nevermind" He smirked and sighed, "Going back, what do you wanna know?"

Okay, she seemed happy with their marriage. Everything seemed perfect, so, "Why did I leave?"

That changed his expression. Wait, did she hit home? "L-Let's not go back to that--"

"Bakit?" Now, she wanted to know more! "Akala ko ba tutulungan mo ako?"

"I would, but... Gusto ko sanang mas malaman muna ang kondisyon mo. I already set up a meeting with a specialist, c-can we do that first?" Lumapit ito sa kanya, "Because seriously, that normal thing you call fainting will never be normal to me." He tucked the loose hair strands behind her ear.

Sabagay, hindi naman na siya nagmamadali. "I could just tell you my condition, Wes..."

"You're calling me by name now..." He murmured.

"Bakit?"

"You were calling me Lee since we met... I-It just felt good when you call me that..."

"Oh," Oo nga ano, "I-I didn't notice... Ikaw kaya nagsabi na Lee ang pangalan mo, syempre iyon ang itatawag ko sa'yo!"

He chuckled, "I was just... messing... Akala ko binibiro mo ako, you hate calling me Lee..."

"Dahil?"

"That was the name of your... dog."

Aso? Parang natuwa siya doon, she wanted to have a dog before but Fred is allergic to it. Kaya naman kahit gusto nitong bigyan siya ng alagang aso ay hindi naman magawa.

"He died."

Bigla naman siyang nalungkot, "I-I can't remember him..."

"Anyway, I know you can tell me what I need to know about your condition but, for my peace of mind... Please..."

She sighed, "Okay... W-Wes..." Ngumiti na ito sa kanya, yung ngiti na hindi man sa labi nakikita pero sa mga mata natatanaw.

So, "where do I start? H-How could I remember you, this place... us?" She said a bit hopeless, lost, and wistful.

He caressed her face and tilted her chin up, surprisingly she didn't flinched, tila alam ng katawan niya ang mga haplos nito.

"Maybe through this." Instinctively, she closed her eyes and then felt his soft yet warm lips on her.

Was she expecting that kiss? Did she feel that it would happen all along? Hindi katulad nang nauna, buong loob niyang hinayaan itong halikan siya.

He's kissing her thoroughly. All the cells in her body are screaming for her to stop, but why would she? There's no reason to stop now.

She loved the feeling. Her body's responding. No one could deny that she's feeling it, too. The adoration, the anticipation, the love, and the desire.

He pulled away from the kiss and looked into her eyes. She was breathless, like him.

He lovingly smiled and pressed his forehead to her, "Not so bad for a start..."