Chapter 12: Truth

Nagising si Camilla sa dahil sa pamilyar na boses, hindi pa man binubuksan ang mga mata pero alam na niya kung sino iyon.

"Calm down, Wesley!" It's Vincent, "She'll be fine. The doctor said it's normal--"

"How could that be normal? It's not normal! Look at her!" Ramdam na ramdam niya ang pagaalala at galit sa tinig nito,"Damn, I shouldn't bring her here..."

"Wesley, hintayin na lang natin siyang gumising," It's Maribel, she slightly opened and eyes to see them. Lo and behold, nakahawak ang kamay nito sa mga balikat ni Wesley -nangaalo.

Kaya naman binuksan na niya ang mga mata at sinubukang umupo, "Camilla!" Wesley helped her to sit properly and asked for a drink.

Nasa loob na pala sila ngayon ng silid. Dumadalas na naman ang pagkawala niya ng malay, "How are you feeling?" She looked into his eyes and saw... fear, worry, or what? She doesn't know.

"I-I want to talk to you," she said, "alone.."

"Just rest first, bukas na lang natin pagusapan...."

"H-Ha? Hindi tayo babalik ng hotel?"

He looked pained. Hindi alam kung ano ang isasagot sa kanya, "J-Just for now... Nawalan ka na naman ng malay, dalawang beses sa araw lang na ito."

"It's normal, Lee.." Napahawak siya sa ulo, "I've had this for a long time... It's neurological..."

"What do you mean by that?"

Napatingin siya rito - napangisi, "Maniniwala ka ba?" She sighed. Dahil ayaw na rin niyang paulit-ulit kung hindi rin naman siya pakikinggan.

Hindi ito sumagot bagkus tumingin sa dalawang kaibigan para lumabas sandali ng silid. As soon as they left, she looks again at Wesley's eyes. He still looks worried, with bloodshot eyes and disheveled hair.

"Are you okay?"

Should she tell the truth or just say what's needed? Because the truth was she's not okay but she had to be, right?

She needed to because of this!

"What happened to us?" She straightforwardly asked, bravely looked into his eyes even when she felt tears are just along the way "How did I end up not remembering you?"

Iniwas ni Wesley ang mga mata sa kanya at tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo sa kama, "This is not the right time---"

"Bullshit, Wesley!" She gets up on that bed and tugged his arm to face her, didn't care if he was bigger than her. "This isn't what I came for! I need answers, stop delaying me!"

His jaw moved and swallowed hard for his Adam's apple moved.

"Answer me!" She hit him. Hard. "Ano ba talagang nangyari, Wesley? This isn't the life I would throw away... Itong mga nasa scrapbook? Ano ito?"

"Camilla, you have to calm down--"

"Don't touch me!" she sneered, "Answer me!"

She's tired of these mixed emotions. She's tired of this feeling. She hates how he made her feel! How he build something inside her, like a chemical that would burst in just a span of time.

She hates feeling unfaithful to Fred! She hates how her body responds to him! She hates how her mind works when he's around!

She hates that she like it -- no, she loved it. She's loving it and she would want to do it again. She hates this!

"Ano?!" She couldn't control it anymore. She bit her lips yet her tears seemed to have its own mind that it just surrendered.

"Camilla.."

"Bakit hindi mo ako hinanap, Wesley?" She asked, again, "I've been living in a shadow of other people without knowing that I have a husband! Bakit hindi mo ako hinanap?"

Wesley turned his back on her yet she pulled him back. His hand clenched and evidently trying to stop his own emotion.

"Don't turn your back on me!" His face is already contorted in a grimace of pain yet she can't let this pass, "You said that we're not accidentally married, so what happened? What did I do for you to abandon me when I needed you the most!"

Wesley was shaking his head, "Stop.."

"I woke up. Clueless of who am I. I tried to live again, one step at the time... I tried to put back the pieces that were left.. so why, Wesley! Why are you here now? Why can't you just let me go!"

His eyes were already dead stare and she knew she already pulled the trigger.

"You left me!" He snapped, "Damn it!"

She froze. Did she hear it right? I-Iniwan niya ito? Iniwan niya ang buhay na ito? A-Ang mga ngiti na nakita niya sa litrato... Ang masasayang alaala? Iniwan niya?

No one dared to speak a word after what he said, her legs weakened and throat dried.

He cursed at the air as his jaws gritted, "I should be the one who's asking you that, Camilla! I should be the one who's questioning you, yet you're here... without memories..."

He hit bottom. Wesley's eyes got misty like hers yet right away stopped himself.

"I-I thought you were making this up..." He added and let out a sigh, "But, I had your doctor's evaluation and... damn it, I want to be mad at you for leaving..."

What? Paano niya nakuha ang... Kay Reina? But, it would be impossible... Kilala niya si Reina, she would never do that.

But, he knew... It seemed that cold water splashed through her face with what she heard. She couldn't move any muscle right now, she could only feel her heart rapidly beating.

"But, I can't... not now that I have you again..." He faced her again and caged her in his arms, "It doesn't matter anymore, Camilla. I don't care if you left me, but you're here now... I'll forget it..just please don't go.."

"Wes..." Sinubukan niyang kumalas rito pero mas lalo lang humigpit ang mga yakap nito sa kanya, walang balak siyang pakawalan.

"Don't leave..." His voice broke, "Huwag mo na akong iwan..." Hindi na niya namalayan na maging siya ay lumuluha na rin.

At the end, she defeatedly surrendered, instead of pulling away. She pulled him closer.