That might not make sense to anyone he tells that to, but to him it makes sense. It makes perfect sense. He'd said it himself. Jonathan Lano was a part of him, a part of who he was, hell, he was a moment away from marrying the guy. And without Jonathan, he didn't know if he would've ever been able to prove his love for Frank, or even meet Frank.

So he stayed. And Frank agreed to stay there with him. They only made a few changes, added a few rooms to make it bigger and more domestic, rather than a single man's puny apartment, who occasionally brought home another person to spend the night with and then continue to live alone.

They made changes, but the memories stayed the same. Gerard even considered keeping a photo of Jonathan somewhere, but eventually just slipped it into his family album, right next to the photos of Michael, and it would make him smile and cry whenever he looked down at those images, along with the ones which held his beloved grandmother's face.

And even though they couldn't change location, they still made some changes within themselves. Gerard wanted to get rid of his longish black hair, it reminded him of too many bad things. Instead, he cut it a bit shorter and dyed it red. He decided it fit him, and Frank said it looked hot, so he kept it. He even lost some weight. Frank never dyed his hair again, instead he let it grow a little, to where it almost touched his shoulders. The older thought it was cute.

The two stepped into the kitchen. Gerard was just about to reach for the coffee machine, when he was suddenly shoved gently against the counter and turned sharply to face the shorter man, who smirked up at him.

"What do you think you're doing, Mr Way?" Frank asked in a purr, and Gerard returned the smirk.

"Making coffee, officer."

Frank shook his head and took the older's wrists, pinning them to one of the cabinets above his head.

"No coffee making on your birthday, sir. Leave it to me."

He kept Gerard's hands bound as he reached around his waist to turn the coffee machine on, pressing his body against the other's in the process.

"At least let me take some mugs out," Gerard pleaded, rolling his hips against Frank's in hopes to convince him to let him move, and the younger grinned devilishly.

"Not gonna happen. Go sit at the table, I'll bring your coffee over to you."

"Frank," the older man whined, bucking slightly faster, and his husband was quick to still him.

"Don't get me hard Gee. Our friends are coming over soon."

Gerard huffed in fake annoyance, and Frank kissed him quickly before sending him off to the table with a light smack on the older's ass, causing Gerard to squeak and glare at him lovingly.

On his way there, he stopped to turn the radio on, the voice of the usual broadcaster hitting his ears from the familiar radio station.

"I still can't believe Kelly doesn't work there anymore," Gerard chuckled, and Frank smiled at him as he was pulling out two mugs and placed them on the counter.

"I think she's happier in her new job. Also, giving up the radio station meant she could come back to live in Jersey, close to us. I'm happy for her."

"Me too," Gerard said. "And I think you wouldn't last a week without seeing her face."

"That's very true," Frank grinned to himself, pouring the coffee as Gerard sat down in one of the chairs. "So what is Bob planning to do with the record store?"

Gerard shrugged. "Pretty sure he's gonna keep it. He wouldn't want to give up something he spent so much time and money on."

"I heard there were some serious offers from good buyers. He can make a lot of money from selling it. It could help him and Jane buy a bigger house."