"We got you this as a sign that no matter where we are in the world, we'll always have each other. We'll always be a family."

I let go of my hair and looked down at the necklace. I turned to face Ali again and hugged her. She chuckled and hugged me back, kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you."
"We all love you very much Rach. Don't ever forget that. You'll always have me to come to if things go wrong."
"I love you Ali."
"I love you too kid."

I let go and went to hug Ash and she held her arms out. I jumped into them and she picked me up and sound me around. She held me close the entire time. She set me down and let go. We didn't say anything but gave each other the look that speaks a thousand words.

"Are you two not going to say anything?"
"We don't need to. Her face says it all."

Ash and I hugged one last time and did our handshake. She walked off to Ali and mom. I took a step back and observed them all together thinking about how long will it be before we'll all be together again.

"Penney for your thoughts?"

I turned my head and saw Kelley leaning against the doorframe with a bottle of water in her hand.

"Just thinking about the next time we'll be together again."
"Probably November when all of us are in the same spot. Just two months."
"Still feels like an eternity."
"Doesn't it always?"
"True. Kel?"
"Yeah?"
"That night in Atlanta, by the cliff, after I got into the car upset and you and mom left. Why did you come back pissed?"

She looked away from me and down at her bottle. She looked up again and I followed her gaze over to Alex, who was standing quietly in the corner of the room.

"I was mad. What she said was unacceptable and I refuse to talk to her because of it."
"Kel, you two have been best friends a lot longer than I've playing soccer. I know you miss her. I see it by the way you look at her. Go talk to her before it's too late. Don't throw away your friendship because of a stupid mistake."
"What am I suppose to say?"
"You're best friends. You'll figure it out."

She smiled at me and slowly walked away. I chuckled at how awkward she is as she tapped on Alex's shoulder. I made eye contact with Alex and she looked at me in confusion. I nodded my head towards her and turned to walk to mom. I limped over to her and leaned my head against her shoulder. The girls all came over and I hugged them all again as they walked out to their cars. Kelley was last and she hugged me close.

"We never got to say our goodbye."
"We're saying it now aren't we?"
"That's not what I meant Kel."
"I know but it'll have to do for now. I'll see you in a few weeks yeah?"
"I hope so. I love you Kel."
"I love you too Rach. I'll call you later."

She walked out of the house and closed the door behind her. Mom and Alex stayed to talk to the remaining of the girls and I limped into the kitchen. I limped over to the back door and opened it. The moon was up and the stars were on full display. I sat down on the steps leading down the grass and leaned against the railing and looked up. I saw a shooting star and smiled. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Alex. She walked over and bent down a bit. I could see she was reluctant about what her next move was going to be.

"May I?"
"Sure."

She sat down next to me and looked up at the sky while I looked at her. I looked down at her hands and slowly reached over and held onto one of them. I looked up at her and smiled. She was looking at our hands and she intertwined our fingers. She looked up at me and smiled softly. She leaned forward and kissed my forehead softly and I closed my eyes.