ch. 6

a/n: HI I'M BACK SORRY FOR THE SUPER LONG HIATUS ENJOY THE CHAPTER

Ryan looked at himself in the mirror, nervous excitement tingling underneath his skin as he smoothed out the wrinkles in his shirt.

He was going on a date-- but, not just any date, a date with Shane Madej. He could barely hold back a smile as he thought about it again; he was going on a date with Shane! Apprehension and anticipation began to form a knot in his stomach.

There was knock at his door, and Ryan could see his mother peeking in from the other side.

"Come on in," He said, giving her a nervous smile as she opened the door. 

"Okay, so you know your father and I are fine with you being gay and everything," His mother began, making Ryan narrow his eyes in suspicion, "But we're going to interrogate your boyfriend when he gets here. Y'know, just to make sure he's good for you and everything."

Ryan groaned. "Absolutely do not do that. You're the absolute worst, mom." He told her, anxious mind already imagining his mom and dad interrogating Shane the second he showed up at the door, "It's just a date, it's not like we're getting marri--" He was cut off by the doorbell ringing from downstairs.

He practically ran down into the living room to reach the door before either of his parents, only to find, to his dismay, that his dad had already beaten him there. Ryan could feel his face turning red in embarrassment as he came to the door and overheard his boyfriend and his father having a conversation.

"Oh yeah, I'm just here to pick up-- there he is," Shane grinned when they made eye contact, clearly not picking up on Ryan's discomfort, "Hey, Ryan. You ready to go?"

"Yea--" Ryan was cut off by his mother pushing past him to greet Shane.

"Hi there, Shane, I'm Mrs. Bergara." Ryan internally groaned as his mother accosted his boyfriend. "So, how are your grades? GPA?"

Ryan shoved past his parents and stepped out onto the front porch with Shane, who looked surprised by the sudden questions. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, I, uh--"

"You don't have to answer her," Ryan assured him, shooting his mom a dirty look over his shoulder. He appreciated his mother's concern, he really did, but he was equally, if not more, annoyed by it. "She's crazy." He grabbed Shane's arm and pulled him towards the car and off of the porch.

"Bye, love you guys, be back later!" Ryan shouted to his parents as he dragged Shane to the car. Shane laughed as they climbed into the front seats-- Ryan glanced at him sheepishly.

"I'm sorry," He began rambling, absolutely mortified by his parents' behavior, "They're both insane and annoying and the absolute worst--" He fully intended to continue on like that until Shane rested his hand on top of his own.

"It's fine, Ryan," Shane chuckled softly, eyes alight with warmth and affection. "It's endearing." He grabbed Ryan's hand gently, picking it up and pressing a kiss to it. "There's literally no reason to be embarrassed, goofball," he said, before giving a sly grin that made Ryan figure he knew exactly what he was doing, making Ryan's thoughts go static and face go red.

Ryan stammered in-eloquently for a couple of moments, skin warm where Shane's lips were. A nervous laugh bubbled out of his throat, only thought holy shit I'm so gay Shane is going to be the death of me.

"Got it," he squeaked out, voice embarrassingly high-pitched."Should we go?"

Shane laughed again as he started the car and started down the road.

They got to the movie theater fifteen minutes before their movie started, some slasher flick that, judging by the trailers, looked to be more guts and gore than actual plot. Shane spent ten of those minutes kicking Ryan's ass at Dance Dance Revolution in the arcade before they actually went into the theater.